Aussie Damnation Tour - Coming to NZ?

Vehemens

The Wayfarer
Mar 18, 2003
New Zealand
www.myspace.com
Hey

I don't suppose anyone knows if Opeth plan to stop by New Zealand for a show or two during their Damnation Tour of Australia? That would be awesome if they could...

On a side note, how many people can play songs off Damnation (or any other Opeth album for that matter)? I wanted to learn Windowpane but it was too hard and I'm not all that brilliant on a guitar so I learned Ending Credits instead. But I'm still stoked as :D

Unfortunately it's the way of things...the fans in small counties don't get to see the bands live, unless ofcourse we go to Australia specially, and no way could I afford that man.

All Opeth fans in NZ pledge your support cos we need to get Opeth over here on the Damnation tour.

Apparently some guy called 'The Mighty Jazrodian' or something from a (Anti-)Christchurch metal show called Cacophony (some of you might know it?) has started a petition or something to try and get them over here. email opeth@cacophony.co.nz to 'sign' it. Whether anything is gonna happen about it I dunno.

Everyone reply here too!

It would be the best day of my life if they did .. and ive heard rumours.. and signed the petition ages ago ... and i refuse to give up ALL hope yet haha!

Bloody NZ :(

Vehemens said:
All Opeth fans in NZ pledge your support cos we need to get Opeth over here on the Damnation tour.

Apparently some guy called 'The Mighty Jazrodian' or something from a (Anti-)Christchurch metal show called Cacophony (some of you might know it?) has started a petition or something to try and get them over here. email opeth@cacophony.co.nz to 'sign' it. Whether anything is gonna happen about it I dunno.

Everyone reply here too!

Haha, I'm friends with 'The Mighty Jazrodian'. I used to work at Cacophony as well. I talked to him on saturday night about the Opeth petition. Everyone should go sign it. He's also started his own record label called Lycanthropic Fervour Records. I'm one of the guitarists for a Chch Melodic Death/Grind band called Signs Of Life.

Signs of Life = Chuganaut yeah? Or do you play different kind of music as Signs Of Life? I saw you guys (as Chuganaut) at Altitude in Hamilton a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff, keep it coming man ;)