Aussie Metal Poll 2007

hahaha, your actually comparing mortal pin to Kreator? cute

Australia is the best country of having bands that sound like other, already established bands.

Next thing we are going to hear is that Dungeon went nowhere because of Nirvana.

Maybe if I was in the habit of making wildly ridiculous claims. The fact that you pulled a single line out of what I wrote and made no comment about the rest of it makes me think you completely missed the point. Australia does have a lot of bands that sound like "other, already established bands", but so does every scene. If you made a list of every band you could think of, and then crossed out all the ones that didn't sound like someone else in some way you'd end up with a list you could put on the back of a stamp. If you think Australia's bad for copying particular bands then you've obviously not listened to very much power/speed metal from central Europe or BDM from the southern US.

If your opinion of Australian metal bands is so low, why do you post on an Australian metal band's forum?

Don't feel ashamed. There's a lot to keep up with. At least you didn't just post here to dump on everyone.

I wasn't aware that Tally had been released.

True and we really don't hear about anything here in Canberra anymore with the lack of Sydney bands coming down for regular shows (hint hint guys).

And Taliesin have their album out and it's amazing.

PM me your addy and I'll mail you a copy if you want to review it.

And why would I dump on everyone.

Have issues with bands and people but not going to throw it out here. And it's about personal stuff and not music.
If they do good music, I'll say as such and tell people to support them.

No point bitching about something for no reason. Especially on a forum dedicated to it.

Maybe if I was in the habit of making wildly ridiculous claims. The fact that you pulled a single line out of what I wrote and made no comment about the rest of it makes me think you completely missed the point. Australia does have a lot of bands that sound like "other, already established bands", but so does every scene. If you made a list of every band you could think of, and then crossed out all the ones that didn't sound like someone else in some way you'd end up with a list you could put on the back of a stamp. If you think Australia's bad for copying particular bands then you've obviously not listened to very much power/speed metal from central Europe or BDM from the southern US.

If your opinion of Australian metal bands is so low, why do you post on an Australian metal band's forum?
Sounds like he's just on the back foot becuase his original statement was utter trash.

I think Australian metal is some of the best in the world. Mortal sin are better than Kreator, and better than Slayer for that matter to.

I still have a bit of a giggle when I think about a convo I overheard between a couple of guys at the pre-Slayer show

Guy1: "You going to see Slayer"
Guy2: "Why bother? I just saw the Australian Slayer"
Guy1: "Who?"
Guy2: "Murder'fucking'world"
Guy1: "Oh yeah, they're not too bad"

The funny part was Guy1 was Morbid from MurderWorld... the look on his face was priceless. I don't think he knew whether to smile at the compliment or laugh because the guy who no idea who he was :lol: