Aussie Metal Stores

JB HiFi seem to have just about as much metal as anyone else these days.

And there's Radical Records in Dandenong in Victoria, but I haven't been there for a while, and last time I was there they seemed to be getting more and more non-metal stuff in.

I heard there's this place called JB Hi-Fi.

I picked up Dream Theater's Train of Thought for $10 (on Blitzy's constant praise for it) and Poison's Look What the Cat Dragged In for $9.

btw, ToT is great... but there are some really crappy bits in the songs. The clean section in the first song reminds me of P.O.D or something and the fourth song seems to have rapping in it. But 5, 6, and 7 are all masterpieces. (Haven't had it long, still in the 'song number' stage instead of song titles ;) )

I like the song... it's just when the clean bit comes and he starts talking in that deep voice... it's just not very pleasing to listen to.

Same way I feel about SOAD... they have some killer songs, but in almost every one of their songs is a really gay bit that pisses me off. They should've never let their guitarist near a microphone.

Most SOAD songs sound pretty good to me. I can understand why people like Mrs Winmar don't like them though.

Back on topic, there is of course always Metal Mayhem on Flinders St in Melbourne.

Back on topic (thanks Rob), Revolution CD in King Street, Newtown, opposite the railway station. Awesome collection and the guys there are full-on metalheads who know their shit. One of them posts on the Metalshop forum under the name Sterile.

There's also a JB hi fi in North Ryde (Macquarie Centre), if you're in Sydney. It's probably the only store around this area (with the exception of JBs') that actually have a decent range of metal cds...

Metal Mayhem are rip-off jews. Talk about over-priced garbage...

Please avoid this place, you can get anything that is stocked there, elsewhere for a heaps cheaper price.

Thanks for the infomation guys I'll be sure to check out Revolution CD. On another note JB Hi-Fi rules, I've been there a couple of times and they have a very good selection of metal cds, manage to pick up AA - Fate of The Norns for only 20 bucks. On another note does anybody know where I could get a list of all the instock items at Revolution CD