Aust. Tour end of 2006?

I believe they will be making very few appearances in the future because they will be working on music for the new cd. Plus they lost so much money touring the USA/Canada recently can't see them traveling too far from Sweden to play live?

Once they posted that they were broke and poor because of the tours, but they did another one anyways. I think that was before the US/Canada tour. According to them, they don't actually earn money from the shows, they just play for the audience. So after the US/Canada, they pretty much hit the bottom of their pockets and won't be pulling major, international tours, not until the new album is released first.

6 Stringed Fingers said:
Once they posted that they were broke and poor because of the tours, but they did another one anyways. I think that was before the US/Canada tour. According to them, they don't actually earn money from the shows, they just play for the audience. So after the US/Canada, they pretty much hit the bottom of their pockets and won't be pulling major, international tours, not until the new album is released first.

I see. anyways, I think they've started to earn more for a couple of years.

Well, they all have a day job when they're not on tour. So it should help them to recover they financial status a bit when recording for the new album. And yes, they definitely earned more in the last few years, considering that they have increased their fanbase in US and in Canada. They even headlined in Montreal last time.

Shoot... I thought they made as much as at least go a bit + on tours. How come... I mean. If people pay and there's enough audience.... I don't know what it costs to have concert though. It all really sad I think, 'cause all this downloading ´makes really the musicians suffer. Bitches

Don't blame DLing - it has nothing to do with concerts (plus, artists don't get too much from CD sales, even though they have a cut), blame promoter/label for the lack of promotion, even though it's a rather complicated subject to filter everything out and find someone to blame :)

Touring in the States is expensive itself, mind gas prices, too, but exposure can be tremendous (oh that Montreal gig! I'm going to fucking Canada for a dt concert as soon as I will be able to, eh! =), and all the suffering is worthy... I hope :)

The concerts themselves are costy, as plintus said. It involves a lot of organization and a lot of people working together. Not to mention the transport, the instruments and the place itself. But the band members enjoy doing it, so all is good. They get good publicity and we, fans, get them for the show.

And notice that each band member probably has a day job or other projects to keep them alive.

Yeah I see that. I just think it's shitty that the record-industry doesn't give the bands enough. I blame DC++ too, but especially the little amount of money they get in the end from the CD's I hate.... Feels like I should go for a different job. :(

Listen, Tri: Most of the people on this forum (the real fans, the ones who would buy all their cds and some of their merch, the ones who would really make them earn money) are divided into those who would never touch a p2p program and those who only use p2p programs because 1) bands get too little promotion, 2) cds are too expensive and not all of us can afford to buy everything and 3) you can't find every single cd in most music stores in a lot of countries (you can't find DT eps in Mexico, for example). It's not the downloading, like they've said; it's the lack of promotion.

Oh, and don't do it for the money. Do it for the fucking pleasure of doing it. Hell, how i hate materialists who only want money-giving jobs...

Well, DT members most likely have achieved the balance between job for cash and art. They would continue to make music and not sell-outs.

I wonder if Sundin has another profession other than DT and Cabin Fever Media.

He also has a death metal side project. I think the name is Laethora.

Ya, I liked the stuff a lot, albeit surprising.

6 Stringed Fingers said:
I wonder if Sundin has another profession other than DT and Cabin Fever Media.

i doubt he could find the time to do much more.
also, i got the impression that cfm goes pretty well, judging from how often his work appears on other bands' albums. :)