Australia + New Zealand Tour

Damn, the after party in NZ is R18, anyway of getting in? I'm 16 god damn!

Oblivion is usually pretty tight, so you lucked out a bit there.

You aren't alone though, quite a few of my friends won't be able to go to the afterparty either.

I'll be sure to think of you guys while being passed out on the floor in close proximity to the band.

I just got into brisbane yesterday and was walking down the mall with my mate. We we joking and shit saying 'what if we saw bodom walking down the mall' 20 mins later the was jaska and henkka 10 metres in front of us. Finally got the balls to go up and ask for a photo, met them and shit, was a great day, and the concert hasnt even happened yet. The photo didnt turn out that great, but meeting them was enough. Will post the photo once i get home.

Hi there folks, long time lurker first time poster (I blame laziness).

Anyways, I'm heading to the Auckland show with a friend of mine. Probably the after party as well. Should be a good night.

Glad they're playing at the Transmission Room, its two minutes from where I live.

Also saw on the ticketek site today that "Allocation has been exhausted". Guess that means its sold out.

I just got into brisbane yesterday and was walking down the mall with my mate. We we joking and shit saying 'what if we saw bodom walking down the mall' 20 mins later the was jaska and henkka 10 metres in front of us. Finally got the balls to go up and ask for a photo, met them and shit, was a great day, and the concert hasnt even happened yet. The photo didnt turn out that great, but meeting them was enough. Will post the photo once i get home.

Good job man! That is some excellent luck.
I hope to see you tonight if you're going.

I will be with two guys with dreds, probably in a Pantera shirt (Seeing as my Inearthed shirt didn't happe:cry:)

Will there be an after party at Adelaide? As i am flying from Melbourne for a total of 24 hours haha, and i dont think we will sleep as the flight out is 7am next morning so we plan to stay up most of night anyways...
So afterparty? Adelaide?

SAMPY ARTICA HOW ARE YOU GETTING IN SO EARLY???

Three people doing merch, if you bought your shirt from the only chick there - you bought it from me. It's actually really boring inside when you're only doing merch though. CoB don't do their own soundcheck either. Their crew have been working with them for six or so years and know exactly how the band wants their shit set up and they just do it.

Thanks for the people who will post a setlist.

@Sampy, holy shit lining up at midday. If i want to get to the front what time should i line up? Doors open at 8pm. Me and my friends were planning on being at the doors by 5pm should we go earlier?(Auckland Show)
ALso as above you said you were setting up merch, do people buy merch after, before, or during the show? Sorry for all the question but could someone post if there is a tour shirt.

Setlist as best as I can remember it [there are a couple of songs missing, can't remember them all]:

Sixpounder.
Follow the Reaper.
Silent Night, Bodom Night.
Living Dead Beat.
In Your Face.
Banned From Heaven.
Needled 24/7.
Hate Me!
Mask of Sanity [half way through, Alexi introduced each member of the band]
Angels Don't Kill.
Blooddrunk.
Hate Crew Deathroll.

I'm pretty sure Hellhounds on my Trail was in there somewhere. I have a strong feeling that Lobodomy was played as well. But yay for my great memory skills - I'm not 100% sure.

People do buy merch before [when doors open], during and after the show [until everybody gets kicked out]. I wouldn't recommend waiting until after the show though. Bodom hadn't even gotten onstage and we sold out of small and medium tour shirts, all the hoodies got sold and we only had three stubby coolers left out of 64 that got brought in.

There's more merch for the other shows, don't worry - but I'm just saying: the merch sells out damned quickly. You better get your stuff as soon as you walk in, or you will miss out.

Prices:

Stubby coolers - $15
Flags - $25
Posters - $10
Short sleeve Blooddrunk tour shirts - $45
Long sleeve Blooddrunk tour shirts - $55
Short sleeve Downfall shirts - $45
Long sleeve Downfall shirts - $55
Black & white CoB 'soccer' shirts [short sleeve] - $45
Girls CoB shirts [you can get red or gold, says CoB on the front and 'Blooddrunk' along the bottom hem at the back] - $45
Blooddrunk scythe hoodies - $90

I think that's about it as far as the Bodom merch goes, unless they get more variety in. Prices might vary from state to state, sometimes the last couple of shows have reduced prices to get rid of everything.

Godfuck man, Alexi was so sick tonight. :ill:

Running times for other shows:

Melbourne

Doors open - 8pm
Nothing - 8:20pm to 9pm
Synperium - 9:30pm to 10:15pm
CoB - 10:45pm to midnight.

Sydney

Doors open - 8pm
Defamer - 8:25pm to 9:05pm
Synperium - 9:20pm to 10pm
CoB - 10:40pm to midnight.

Auckland

Doors open - 8pm
First support [not sure who] - 8:15pm to 8:50pm
Down Od Anarazel - 9:05pm to 9:45pm
CoB - 10:15pm to 11:35pm

Adelaide

Doors open - 7pm
Nothing - 7:30pm to 8:10pm
Killrazer - 8:25pm to 9:10pm
CoB - 9:40pm to 11pm

Perth

Doors open - 8pm
Vespers Decent - 8:15pm to 8:55pm
Nothing - 9:10pm to 9:50pm
CoB - 10:30pm to 11:45pm

See ya's at the Sydney show! ;)

Thanks for telling me man, Set list looks cool quite a good mix of songs. Hmmm looks like i'll buy the tour shirt and Blooddrunk hoodie (are those the zip up ones?) If i buy merch at the beginning will i lose my spot at the front?, which is where i am aiming to be. (i've never been to a concert like this only a festival.)

Is there any chance of buying merch before the doors open?

Blooddrunk hoodie (are those the zip up ones?)

Yes, hoodies are zipped down the front.

Children_Of_Bodom_Blooddrunk_ZPHD.jpg

If i buy merch at the beginning will i lose my spot at the front?, which is where i am aiming to be. (i've never been to a concert like this only a festival.)

Not if you line up early, get in among the first into the venue/first in the merch line. We try to sell everything as quick as we can so we're not going to hold you up or anything - as long as you know what you're getting and don't stand there holding everybody else up trying to figure out what to buy. Happened so many times last night. :lol:

Is there any chance of buying merch before the doors open?

I've never been to/helped out at a concert [that's less than stadium sized] that's sold merch before the doors actually open, so I would have to say no sorry, you can't. Just be in as quick as you can. And don't be a tool to security guards on the door, 'cause they don't care whether you get in or not. Act like a dick and they'll hold you out for longer. I've seen it done so many times. ;)

There were a few complaints about Alexi not moving much and only half-singing the songs, performance being flat etc...fingers crossed they're a bit better with their other shows but try and keep in mind that Alexi has been extremely sick [too much whiskey, too much aircon - fucks with his throat - too little sleep, water and food] and all the guys are extremely jetlagged. Came off a 30 hour flight two days ago and they still haven't recovered. They are trying their best though...

Cheers for your help, the doors open at 8pm so i'm gonna start lining up at 4pm is that early enough?
Awesome i was hoping it was the zip up one!
With your info i wont have to decide what to buy when i'm there :lol:, and i take it they do eftpos?
Yeah i could imagine, when i moved from England to here i was fucked for a week! i could imagine they did the same as me 12hr flight 2hr wait then 9hr flight (another 12 for me) Hopefully they will be a bit more rested for Thursday. How do you multi quote :lol:
I'm so excited! Hope i get to meet the band!

Sampy Arctica™;7365344 said:
Setlist as best as I can remember it [there are a couple of songs missing, can't remember them all]:

Sixpounder.
Follow the Reaper.
Silent Night, Bodom Night.
Living Dead Beat.
In Your Face.
Banned From Heaven.
Needled 24/7.
Hate Me!
Mask of Sanity [half way through, Alexi introduced each member of the band]
Angels Don't Kill.
Blooddrunk.
Hate Crew Deathroll.

I'm pretty sure Hellhounds on my Trail was in there somewhere. I have a strong feeling that Lobodomy was played as well. But yay for my great memory skills - I'm not 100% sure.

Hellhounds was played.
They closed with Downfall again didn't they?

Anyways, my night was insane.
I got right infront of Henkka. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back polietly. Later on, I shook his hand. Then he gave my mate a bottle of water. And then he shook my hand once again.

Also, Alexi threw up on stage.... WHILE PLAYING A SOLO!

He went backstage sort of, behind the amps and yacked into a bucket.

^That sucks that Alexi is not well. I hope he gets better.

@Sampy: Is the $10 poster they are selling this tour poster? Also were they still available after the show or did they sell out fast?
cob_tour_poster_sm.jpg

@dave: Buying merch before before the gig and being on the barrier is doable but time is tight. If you just want to be in the first 3 or so rows you can take it easy. From experience to get a decent spot on the barrier I find that:
  • You need to be absolute first in the door.
  • You need to know where the merch stand is and where the stage is before the doors open.
  • when you get in the door walk as fast as you can but don't run because security will hold you up.
  • Decide what you are going to buy before the gig, Including size. Take exactly the right amount of cash so they don't have to give you change.
  • Eftpos is slow. don't use it.
  • once you get to the front put all your merch on or you will lose it in the pit.
My 2 cents.

Hellhounds was played.
They closed with Downfall again didn't they?

yes to downfall at the end.

didnt they do a mask of sanity / deadnight warrior - mix ? i'm sure thats what it sounded like

alexi was coughing heaps while trying to sing, he looked pretty sick. i saw him go behind the amps but didnt see him puke

also, the LONGEST soundcheck I have ever witnessed. I have seen many bands at the arena and they probably sounded the best out of all, considering the horrible sound at the arena

the support bands were SO bad. the second band synperium or whatever, just sounded like the same song over and over and over

way too many faggoths at that show also

^^^ Hahaha, yeah. Killrazer was hilarious though. Nobody really knew them, so it was fun just to mosh to random shit.
My friends and I were just shouting Kill RAZZA! They probably thought we were dicks who didn't know how to pronounce their band name. I blame them for misspelling razor though.

Synperium was weird, I wasn't in the mosh at all for them. CoB fans aren't really into that whole Progressive Grind-death or whatever the fuck it was.

I liked Killrazer, though I thought they were Synperium at first. I thought Killrazer were the better of the two support bands. Bodom were so good, even though Alexi looked pretty sick throughout the whole show.

I swear they went into Deadnight Warrior in the middle of Mask of Sanity, then Alexi introduced the band, and then they finished Mask of Sanity.

Yeah, I think they did go into Deadnight Warrior halfway through but my memory skills with setlists etc aren't the best so hence why I couldn't even remember Downfall. *Rolls eyes at self*

Synperium aren't exactly my style of music, lets just say...but they are an absolute great bunch of guys. :)

@Sampy: Is the $10 poster they are selling this tour poster? Also were they still available after the show or did they sell out fast?
cob_tour_poster_sm.jpg

Yeah, that's the one. There's two different sizes. If Fleisch or Paul hand you a small one when you ask for the poster, ask if you can have the big one instead. They're both the same price - or at least - they were at Brisbane. We didn't notice there were two different sizes, so unless they've fixed that up by Sydney concert...

We had heaps available after the show. But I don't think we're getting anymore in during the course of the tour, so I don't know how many will be left after the Melbourne show.

Yeah, he went to the side of the left side of the stage [if you were standing facing the stage] and threw up while people above him were taking pictures of it. I heard crew talking later and they always keep a couple of buckets on the side of the stage for Alexi. Apparently, throwing up while playing is a frequent occurrence.

also, the LONGEST soundcheck I have ever witnessed.

Soundcheck went on forever. I was looking forward to watching Bodom's soundcheck, but that's when I got told [after an hour and a bit of watching their crew play around with their instruments] that Bodom don't do their own soundcheck. :|

Sampy Arctica™;7366256 said:
There were a few complaints about Alexi not moving much and only half-singing the songs, performance being flat etc...fingers crossed they're a bit better with their other shows but try and keep in mind that Alexi has been extremely sick [too much whiskey, too much aircon - fucks with his throat - too little sleep, water and food] and all the guys are extremely jetlagged. Came off a 30 hour flight two days ago and they still haven't recovered. They are trying their best though...

Can't say I'm suprised - an inevitable disaster waiting to happen that could so easily have been averted had they been allowed a couple more days to get acclimatized. :rolleyes::zombie:

fuck its going be 4 degress when i forecasted for sydney so ill just wear my arch enemy shirt till i get myblooddrunk hoodie