Australian Tour 2008

ImprintedLife

Arriving Somewhere.....
Feb 1, 2006
Warilla, Australia
Opeth reach Watershed moment in Australia.

Opeth exist in a genre of one…

The forward-thinking Swedish titans, who seamlessly and fluidly combine metal, classic rock, prog, folk and free form jazz, continue the time-honored Opeth tradition on ‘Watershed’, their ninth album.

‘Watershed’ picks up where 2005’s flawless ‘Ghost Reveries’ left off, beginning contemplatively before erupting into full-bore chaos. The band are also bolstered by the addition of some new membership. Drummer Martin Axenrot and new guitarist Fredrik Åkesson, formerly of Arch Enemy.

‘Watershed’ was recorded in the band’s native Sweden and was produced by Åkerfeldt and Jens Bogren who stamp the undeniable Opeth sound on every note.

Opeth will continue to hold the mantle of the most innovative, creative and revered heavy artist of recent times with the release of 'Watershed'...an album no doubt poised to extend their reputation as masters in the genre.

So what could possibly add to the excitement of the release of ‘Watershed’ on May 31st…?

…After a sold out run of shows in April 2006, Opeth announce that they will once again tread the boards of our nation’s venues, with the ‘Watershed’ tour this September.

PRESENTED BY: SCORPION ENTERTAINMENT, triple j’s (FULL METAL RACKET) & STREET PRESS AUSTRALIA

Tickets for all dates on sale Fri May 16

SEPTEMBER 2008

Tuesday 2nd - PERTH, METRO CITY.
Tickets available at : www.heatseeker.com.au & mills, star surf, planet & beat

Thursday 4th - ADELAIDE, THEBARTON THEATRE (LIC/AA)
Tickets at : www.venuetix.com.au or ph 8225 8888

Friday 5th - MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE
Tickets available at : www.ticketek.com.au or ph 132 849

Saturday 6th - SYDNEY, THE BIG TOP (LIC/AA)
Tickets available a t: www.ticketek.com.au & ph 132 849Big Top Box Office www.bigtopsydney.com.au & ph 1300 BIG TOP or www.custommade.com.au & ph 1300 762 545 http://www.bigtopsydney.com/Opeth_2008.html

Sunday 7th - BRISBANE, THE ARENA (LIC/AA)
Tickets available at : www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849 & www.oztix.com.au

No, they toured in 03 and 06. One gig in Melbourne is a bit strange, last time they sold out 1st night and nearly sold out 2nd, and they are even more popular now, fuck if it's one night tickets will will go fast as. As much as it would rape seeing them again 2 nights in a row, I can't believe they are here so soon!

No, they toured in 03 and 06. One gig in Melbourne is a bit strange, last time they sold out 1st night and nearly sold out 2nd, and they are even more popular now, fuck if it's one night tickets will will go fast as. As much as it would rape seeing them again 2 nights in a row, I can't believe they are here so soon!

Hello there!
Opeth were in Australia in 2003, 2004 and 2006. Mike loves Australia and so do I :). We had our honeymoon downunder in 2004. Your country is really beautiful! Anna

When touring in Aus in 2006, Mikael promised to play Black Rose Immortal on their next Australian tour.
I have faith he will keep his promise.

Hello there!
Opeth were in Australia in 2003, 2004 and 2006. Mike loves Australia and so do I :). We had our honeymoon downunder in 2004. Your country is really beautiful! Anna
Hi Anna, yeah I meant to say 04 as well, Oz is pretty awesome. I remember reading that you had your honeymoon here, thats pretty cool, Opeth has a massive legion of huge fans all over oz, you guys are very very welcome!

details for the melb show aren't up on ticketek yet...give it a couple of days. circa $67 or there abouts going by the price for Sydney. very excited about seeing the mighty Opeth again! this will make it the fourth time i've seen them. can't wait!!!!!!! :)