Damnation Tour - Australia...

SkullFucker

Oct 18, 2002
Australia
Visit site
Opeth will -not- be playing Damnation songs on the upcoming Australiain tour. Tho there is a good possibility of another tour at the end of the year supporting Damnation. Taken from an interview on metalshop.

AM: A few months ago, when I was speaking to Peter Lindgren about the tour, he said you were toying with the idea of trying some different things with your show to incorporate the ‘Damnation’ material. Have you given any more thought to what it is you’ll do?

MA: What we’re going to do is we’re going to do separate tours for these two albums. When we come to Australia, ‘Damnation’ will be out, but we’re not going to play any songs from that album. Which some people might think is disappointing, but we’re still on the ‘Deliverance’ tour and we have to concentrate on that. Besides, we’re going to have a keyboard player with us, playing all the mellotrons and stuff for ‘Damnation’, and we’re going to have to rehearse with him. He’s in Spiritual Beggars, and he’s in tour right now, so there’s no way that we could do these songs. I think the fans just have to get us back over in Australia to play the ‘Damnation’ set.

AM: I think we’ll have to. With the ‘Damnation’ set would you be going back and incorporating more of your mellower stuff from the other albums, like ‘Face Of Melinda’…

MA: Oh, yeah, definitely. We’re going to play pretty much all the songs from ‘Damnation’, as well as doing remakes of some obscure songs, songs that we’ve never played before like ‘Face Of Melinda’ and ‘To Bid You Farewell’, stuff like that.

AM: So in that case you must come back to Australia on that tour…

MA: (laughs) Yeah, yeah. I wanna do a proper promotion for both albums. ‘Damnation’… I’m so proud of that album, so maybe I’m favouring that album in a way. But I can’t wait, I’ve never been so excited to go out on tour before like I am now for the ‘Damnation’ tour coming up, you know. So we’re going to do it properly.

AM: Excellent. Hopefully we’ll see you here again by the end of the year then.

this is fantastic news!

Everybody in Oz going to the instore signings, show your support for a Damnation tour, by telling them how much you appreciate the masterpiece that is "DAMNATION":OMG:

shocked.gif
wow bring it on!

I am so keen to see some of this Damnation stuff live!!

headbob.gif

I can live with that. :D

The only reason I was so anxious to hear if they'd be playing some Damnation on the current tour is cos I honestly didn't expect them to be back in Aus for quite some time after this tour finishes......

Only problem now is I'll have to spend another few hundred dollars at the end of this year...... I think I'll go the road trip this time so that I'll save some dosh...

Anyone know any of the details for the In-Stores (Like where and when) cos I'm heading off soon and still haven't heard anything yet... I assume most of the Instores will be on in the afternoon before the Gigs?