Mikael Disses Donald Duck

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
MÅ: Yeah, you know, it’s not one of the best videos I’ve seen in my life, but it’s not one of the worst. It’s just a metal video as far as I’m concerned. We didn’t have any input on it, because we don’t really know…we’ve never done a video before. So, whatever, you know, as long as there was no fuckin’…Donald Duck jumping around, I’d be happy with pretty much anything. But it was shambles… that whole day of recording the video, it was a big mess, so I can’t be bothered with the end result. Even though I’m not unhappy with it, it’s not like I’m super proud of it, either.

Wtf? Honestly, Opeth is a genius band and I love them. But why you gotta pick on a poor, defenseless, animated duck? First of all it's the fault of the animators that D.D. acts so goofy. They surely could have animated him to be a heavy metal headbanging duck, but then who would watch? Mickey Mouse and Goofy would be off having adventures and Donald would walk in with his Tattoo's and a beer and would totally drain the life out of the cartoon. It is a children's cartoon we're talking about here. Plus if you took a donald duck cartoon and put the footage in to replace the TGC footage, it would make a crazy cool music video. :Smug:

Oinkness said:
They surely could have animated him to be a heavy metal headbanging duck, but then who would watch?
they did that on an episode of "Duck Dodgers of the 24th 1/2 (or something) century", Daffy Duck really. Dave Mustaine of Megadeth lent his voice, likeness and the name "Megadeth" to that cartoon... :erk: :yell: :confused: (all of the smilies in the world could not effectively show how dismayed I was at that...)

This topic could go either way. Sure Mikael is the man and all, but messing with Donald Duck is like making deals with the devil.

Yeah nevermind, Mike is good at making deals with the devil. No contest, Mike wins.

I think Mikael is a better low growler than Donald Duck, but D.D. can scream amazing and probably beats Mike at screams. So they are pretty evenly matched. \m/

movieswarkampf.jpg

:OMG:

FullMetalCornflake said:
they did that on an episode of "Duck Dodgers of the 24th 1/2 (or something) century", Daffy Duck really. Dave Mustaine of Megadeth lent his voice, likeness and the name "Megadeth" to that cartoon... :erk: :yell: :confused: (all of the smilies in the world could not effectively show how dismayed I was at that...)
I think that was pretty cool!!!
And Mustaine fuckin' rules!!!

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQ4x8yTee8&search=megadeth