Australian Tour 2008

Yeah I went to the gold coast a few weeks ago and its the same with their supermarkets, I'm used to them being open till 12. but they were only open till 6.

Hopefully i'll be at the adelaide show, short on money at the moment. so hopefully i dont miss out on tickets. If i do end up going it would be great to catch-up with some of you guys from the forum. this will be my first gig ive been to so im really pumped.

^lol at festering hole. Yeah I can't wait for Sigur ros, should still be amazing.

Sigur Ros playing at Festering Hole (as I will now always call it) is a crime against humanity. I missed them in '06 as I was overseas, but having seen them in '05 at Hamer Hall, and being blown away, as that was the most perfect place to see them, the prospect of seeing them at Festering Hole ain't all that exciting at all to be honest.

But like you said, can't not see 'em.

Hell, thats only 5 days away now... ok maybe it's a little exciting..

^Yeah it does suck they are playing there, fuck I didn't realize it was that close, lol I'm working then going out, looks like I'll have to swap shifts and cancel my plans. Fuck that came around fast haha. I had purposely stopped thinking about it so that it would come around faster.

Greetings,

I'm in a hurry, so i apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere, but the ticket situation for the Brisbane show on the 7th September 2008 (The Arena) is a joke.

The show is an all ages event, and the 18+ tickets have sold out in a flash, leaving tons of "all ages" tickets still available. The thing is the all ages tickets can only be purchased by people under 18.. This seems like such a waste, the tickets will most likely not even sell out, why not open up more 18+ slots and have less under age tickets? The arena are a bunch of retards.

Please play the Tivoli next tour!

The Arena is a pretty decent venue, as long as something amazingly stupid isn't happening, like only selling all ages tickets to people under 18 or not giving anyone any water until 9 songs into the show. Bastards.

The sound is pretty good there though.

Lately i've found their sound rather poor compared to many other brisbane venues.

The drink prices are a rip-off (not that I really go to gigs to drink) but you can't even ask for a glass of water, they make you buy bottled water for $5.

And now these ridiculous ticket conditions for Opeth. I'm considering boycotting the shithole altogether, which would mean I'd miss Meshuggah also..

that's pretty strange. if so, one would expect the 18+ tickets to open up closer to the day if the under 18's remain unsold. i walked past the arena when we played at the globe a few doors down, i thought it was so cool how so many venues were on one street!

one would expect the 18+ tickets to open up closer to the day if the under 18's remain unsold

Exactly what I thought, until I called the Arena and was told that would not be the case.

we played at the globe a few doors down

Ahh, noticing the weblink in your signature and whatnot im going to take a wild guess and say you play in sleepmakeswaves?

Great gig dude, you guys blew all the other bands away.
I picked up your new ep, and so did my friends I dragged along who were yet to hear you. :kickass:

Sigur Ros playing at Festering Hole (as I will now always call it) is a crime against humanity. I missed them in '06 as I was overseas, but having seen them in '05 at Hamer Hall, and being blown away, as that was the most perfect place to see them, the prospect of seeing them at Festering Hole ain't all that exciting at all to be honest.

But like you said, can't not see 'em.

Hell, thats only 5 days away now... ok maybe it's a little exciting..

I'm flying to Melb for this.
Damn, I've heard Festival Hall is a great venue.

Greetings,

I'm in a hurry, so i apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere, but the ticket situation for the Brisbane show on the 7th September 2008 (The Arena) is a joke.

The show is an all ages event, and the 18+ tickets have sold out in a flash, leaving tons of "all ages" tickets still available. The thing is the all ages tickets can only be purchased by people under 18.. This seems like such a waste, the tickets will most likely not even sell out, why not open up more 18+ slots and have less under age tickets? The arena are a bunch of retards.

Please play the Tivoli next tour!

hi there - i bought two tickets under 18 cos i had no choice. Agree is a joke but i'm def over 18 and no worries buying, it just means you can't buy alcohol or something.
I hope it helps.

hi there - i bought two tickets under 18 cos i had no choice. Agree is a joke but i'm def over 18 and no worries buying, it just means you can't buy alcohol or something.
I hope it helps.

interesting. See I called to ask if i could do this, and the venue said the under age ticket holder must be under 18.. i guess they can't really ask for your ID to prove your 17 or younger.. but i wonder if you appear to be obviously 18 or older they would refuse entry.

I'm 23, i think with a shave and the right clothes etc. i might just be able to make myself look like a teenager... thanks baarg!

Ahh, noticing the weblink in your signature and whatnot im going to take a wild guess and say you play in sleepmakeswaves?

Great gig dude, you guys blew all the other bands away.
I picked up your new ep, and so did my friends I dragged along who were yet to hear you. :kickass:

ah cheers man. was a great show, had a lot of fun. we are coming back in october, be sure to keep a look out :)