Australian Tours???

Nile late last year, Cryptopsy earlier this month, Disgorge in March, Opeth in April, and you just missed Dragonforce (tonight for Melbourne, I believe). Kreator later in the year though, but that's pretty much the only band left on the cards.

Get out and see the local acts. Melbourne is a fucking great place.

Kreator are comming? sweet

also, from heres a cool thing coming up in melbourne (from the stargazer site)

STARGAZER WILL PERFORM AT MELBOURNE'S "EVIL INVADERS" FESTIVAL.....

Stargazer will perform live at the gargantuan "Evil Invaders" 2 day festival on June 2nd in Melbourne. The show will be held at The Greenroom, Friday 2nd/Saturday 3rd June, 33 Elizabeth Street Melbourne. The following comrades will also perform;

DARKLORD (sa)
GOSPEL OF THE HORNS (MEL)
DESTRUKTOR (MEL)
SHACKLES (SYD)
MONOLIYTH (MEL)
MORBID TALES (MEL)
RAVEN BLACK NIGHT (SA)
GRENADE (SYD)
BEYOND MORTAL DREAMS (SA)
KILL FOR SATAN (ACT)
GHASTLY (ACT)
TRENCH HELL (MEL)

Décadent said:
ANYONE who gets the chance to see Stargazer live NEED to for fear of being a total fucking shithead if you don't.

Have u seen em?
i know they did a show in Brissy b4 heading to Japan
Man tis bullshit, a sweet ass band from adelaide doesnt do any fucken shows in adelaide

anyways, rumour has it that they are doin some shows in the good old city of churches :headbang:

Danallica said:
Have u seen em?
i know they did a show in Brissy b4 heading to Japan
Man tis bullshit, a sweet ass band from adelaide doesnt do any fucken shows in adelaide

anyways, rumour has it that they are doin some shows in the good old city of churches :headbang:

I saw 'em at ANZAC Day Celebration, yep. Was the greatest fucking live show I've ever seen. Also saw Carbon, Gospel of the Horns, Excruciate, Oracle of the Void, Netherkin, Misery and Shackles. One fucking hell of a night, I assure you.

mmm i take your word for it
Im so looking forward to seeing them hear

cookiecutter said:
Australia really seems to be taking off with metal. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

The man speaks truth. We've got some of the most innovative bands around these days, though they all seem quite incestuous in terms of members (see: Stargazer/Portal/Mournful Congregation/Martire/Misery's Omen/Lord of the Command/Cauldron Black Ram and about half a dozen extras).

Mournful Congregation - wicked band

Australia is the place where its happening, fuck norway and all that, Australia is the home of metal, and you all know it

Norway hasn't been interesting since what, 1995? That may be pushing it. Australia started getting interesting around that time, with the better SadEx material, Destroyer 666, Nazxul, Abramelin, whatever the fuck else. Nowdays we've got some fucking frontrunners, and even the odd band that's taking an old idea in some interesting directions (Elysian Blaze, Misery's Omen).

FUCK! how many times do i have to say LISTEN TO MORTAL SIN.

earlier in the year they played the full set list of mayhemic destruction + a standard set list from their new demo (soon to be album) and other older albums. was absolutely killer to see. check their website (by clicking the big picture in my sig) for an upcoming melbourne show.

alchemist is also a wicked band to see live, and they play quite regularly.

and aside from the above mentioned bands, astriaal are killer also and inslain rock. there are others, but i suggest you catch most of them at this years mftb.

Dan, you must be a young-un if you havent ever seen StarGazer play live in Adelaide.

New Mortal Sin, luverly!

I am indeed an youn-un - 18 to be exact, i dont think they have done any whows here since the release of their debut album though, they may have done some shows prior to that however, before i was in to metal

:kickass: I love Aussies. Good people. They're like working class English people, but without the kow-towing to authority figures.

Bless ya, my antipodean cousins!

Here's to you!:kickass:

P.S. Thanks for Burundi Rum chaps. Good effort:kickass: