AVID Pro Tools 10 & new hardware!

crillemannen

Jun 20, 2007
www.studiohaga.net
Hello,

Seems like one of Swedens biggest musicstore spilled the beans about Pt10.
Same price according at their site for the crossgrade as last time from Pt8-9.

Some of the news taken from the site:

Long Latency compensation: 16k
Clip gain
Can work with sessions stored on a network HD.
Multiple audioformats in the same project.

A bit steep price for the crossgrade, they could have implemented this in a Pt9.1 upgrade instead, but i guess money rules haha.

What the hell? PT10 already? I fail to see why they couldn't just do a 9.whatever update. I have very little to complain about with 9, so i wouldn't upgrade unless they offered something well worth the cost.

I signed up to watch the webcast thing. It starts in an hour and a half

I'm more stoked about the real HD TDM successor!!!
Believe me or not but the news was confirmed by Avid staff...

Pro Tools 10

Just watched the press conference, it's pretty solid!

They also debuted HDX hardware, which will replace Pro Tools HD. 5x more powerful than HD, each card supports up to 256 voices. Cheaper than HD in terms of value but still expensive.

There is a new plug-in format called AAX that works across HD and Native systems.

You can load sessions onto RAM for super fast performance.

They re-wrote the audio mixer, 32-bit floating point audio and 64 bit summing buss.

Real time fades and clip based gain.

Much improved audiosuite functionality.

And a bunch of other stuff.

Here are the numbers...

£240? I won't be upgrading for a while. I'm not seeing any huge advantages for me just yet. I may be convinced otherwise, but for now, 9 is more than adequate. Plus, it's a hell of a cheek asking for a crossgrade less than a year after the last one.

Doesn't really seem all that worthwhile to upgrade from PT9 just yet. The clip gain thing is really tempting though.

So is this new plugin format going to replace RTAS? I'd really like to see more cool "indie" plugins in PT, I use e.g. the Stillwell stuff all the time when I'm doing stuff in Logic.

£240? I won't be upgrading for a while. I'm not seeing any huge advantages for me just yet. I may be convinced otherwise, but for now, 9 is more than adequate. Plus, it's a hell of a cheek asking for a crossgrade less than a year after the last one.

+1.

$300 to upgrade, $500 to crossgrade, yuck.