AVID Pro Tools 10 & new hardware!

Okay, I feel totally ripped off. I read the Pro Tools 10 FAQ:

Pro Tools 10 FAQ said:
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools HD 9 software upgrade — is there any way I can get a deal on a Pro Tools HD 10 upgrade?
A: Yes. In fact, if you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD system, Pro Tools|HD Native system, or Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade on or after October 1, 2011, you're eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 software. If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary Pro Tools HD 10 software upgrade.

I registered my copy of Pro Tools 9 in September 21, Pro Tools 10 came out in October 20 (30 days later), and I'm not eligible for a free upgrade? Since I'm a student, I don't feel like chipping away $299 for an upgrade I would've gotten for free if waited for 10 days if I knew a new version was coming up :mad:

^^^ That FAQ is talking about HD though. Since you're a student, I'm assuming you don't have an HD rig. I'd keep reading and see if you can get some sort of break on the non-hd version

Okay, I feel totally ripped off. I read the Pro Tools 10 FAQ:

I registered my copy of Pro Tools 9 in September 21, Pro Tools 10 came out in October 20 (30 days later), and I'm not eligible for a free upgrade? Since I'm a student, I don't feel like chipping away $299 for an upgrade I would've gotten for free if waited for 10 days if I knew a new version was coming up :mad:

Whatever the date would have been, there would still be people who had bought the previous version just a couple of days before that. How exactly were you ripped off here?

And furthermore, if you're a student and short on money, why aren't you using the EDU version? The student version has four years of free upgrades and IIRC you aren't using it for business, right?

On my Avid account it says it's:

Pro Tools 9.0 Crossgrade from M-Powered Institutional

So I would guess that it is EDU version, or at least that was what I bought it as from Soitin Laine.

edit: Looks like Soitin Laine fucked up... On the box it says: "For sale to Institutions and Faculty Only - This product may only be purchased by school districts, home-schools, elementary, secondary and higher education institutions, and their instructors. This product is for sale ONLY to the avoce institutions and faculty, and is not for sale to students."

Write to them or call and explain your situation.

I sent them an email.

That was painful to read. Avid execs need to be fired and replaced with someone that actually gives a crap about audio rather than just making the numbers go up.

How to emulate the timeline cache withour PT HD 10

Part 1:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMa-9a5OwhE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Part 2:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xo2VnQIjw8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Do you know what kills me?
Yesterday I was editing An audio book (rock n roll I know) And I thought; Fuck me I could use clip gain and multiple audiosuite windows right now ;)