axe fx/alternatives for live?

Hey guys new to the forum this is my first post (been lurking for a few months) and i first want to say thanks to everybody on the forum its great and very very helpful.

Anyways ill get to the point now im writing an album(with some mates) and there are many different sounds,tones/complex effects,delays,loops,etc in the songs. right now im using a peavey JSX and the BOSS gt 10 for effects.

The problem is i cant switch amp channels/effects with one foot switch

Now if understand this right, axe fx is basicly an amp/effects unit thats controlled via footswitch so i would be able to program entire sounds with effects and switch them all with a single switch

Anybody have any input on this? (or possibly any alternatives to axe fx?)

Anyways ill get to the point now im writing an album(with some mates) and there are many different sounds,tones/complex effects,delays,loops,etc in the songs. right now im using a peavey JSX and the BOSS gt 10 for effects.
The problem is i cant switch amp channels/effects with one foot switch
Welcome Harley. Actually you can switch amp channels with the GT10. Using a modified cable you can use the "Amp Control" output. Alternatively you can use the 4-cable method if you only use one of the distortion channels.

Awesome! that deff solves my problem thank you guys i checked out the amp gizmo thing seems a little complicated but im sure with some research ill figure it out, in the meantime ill try and play with the amp control switch on the GT 10 probably with my JCM 900 since i wont need a moded cable for it, then if i like it ill get the moded cable or amp gizmo depending

thanks guys!

- Harley