Axe FX vs Pod HD part 2

I prefer the Axe's voicing. It sounds bigger and more open compared to the POD that, in comparison, sounds kind of narrow and honky. They both sound pretty good, though, and I could see how someone might prefer the POD if that's the voicing they're after.

It's not strange. People have different ideals of what good amp sound is.

Almost everybody on Harmony Central Amp forum liked the Pod over the Axe.
And most of the people here like the Axe.

So go hang out with your brothers on HCAF where you belong bitch!:heh:

cop.gif

I think the Axe Fx is more faithful to a real recto tone, but from past experience, the Pod tone is probably going to cut better in a live mix. Just IMO, and if I was to buy one, it would be solely for live. So yeah! Pod 500 for me :)

I hit play then started to scroll down reading the comments. I didn't realize that you testing multiple presets and not like for like one of each. At first I thought the Pod was better than the Axe then you changed patches and I thought wtf I swear the Axe sounds better now.

Really? Why not, whats your honest opinion?

It's just not fun to play with it. Here's a little story:

Little Ola likes to play palm-mute B all day long listening to the crunchy sound that could crush any brick wall. Ola is happy as long as he does this through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Engl Savage, EVH 5150iii and even on the Axe Fx.

Then one day the Pod HD300 arrived with promises of a new generation of crunchy, crushing palm mutes. Little Ola happily gave it a try! But what happened? The palm mutes didn't crush as much as the big brothers of Line6 promised. Ola was sad and disappointed and cried for a week.

On the sixth day of the week, the Axe Fx came up to him and said: "have you forgotten about me? I can still deliver the broots,add a bit more envelope filter and lowpass and I'll promise you fortune and fame" Ola wiped his tears and at least gave it a shoot. The Axe was singing with brutal palm mutes and the neighbours started to bang on the wall. Ola hugged the Axe like a son finally rejoined with this long last father. "I will never leave you again" Ola said.

And they lived happily ever after...

... until I just saw a used EVH5150 in sweden for a very small sum. Fuck gas! I quit...

Seems like you're an awesome story teller :D

Axe-Fx for me, but I would love to hear the HD500 without cab sim through
a real cab, it sucks that you can't turn off the cab sim on the others.

Little Ola likes to play palm-mute B all day long listening to the crunchy sound that could crush any brick wall. Ola is happy as long as he does this through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Engl Savage, EVH 5150iii and even on the Axe Fx.

Then one day the Pod HD300 arrived with promises of a new generation of crunchy, crushing palm mutes. Little Ola happily gave it a try! But what happened? The palm mutes didn't crush as much as the big brothers of Line6 promised. Ola was sad and disappointed and cried for a week.

On the sixth day of the week, the Axe Fx came up to him and said: "have you forgotten about me? I can still deliver the broots,add a bit more envelope filter and lowpass and I'll promise you fortune and fame" Ola wiped his tears and at least gave it a shoot. The Axe was singing with brutal palm mutes and the neighbours started to bang on the wall. Ola hugged the Axe like a son finally rejoined with this long last father. "I will never leave you again" Ola said.

... until I just saw a used EVH5150 in sweden for a very small sum. Fuck gas! I quit...

:D lol.

So are you selling the HD300?

that's the most lovely story i've ever heard...

...and so cool, it has a "to be continued..." type of ending.