Ayreon 01011001

there's no doubt that HE is better than 01...
it's better musically, it's longer, the concept is better.
and the growls on the sample are not jonas...jonas doesn't growl like that.
I think Arjen left that growling part out to make a growl free album this time.
What album did you hear? There are certainly growls in the album.

there's no doubt that HE is better than 01...
it's better musically, it's longer, the concept is better.
and the growls on the sample are not jonas...jonas doesn't growl like that.
I think Arjen left that growling part out to make a growl free album this time.

on HE on the other hand there are growls by Mikael from opeth
and some screams by Devin Townsend and general gayness by James LaBrie who got the lead role in the album.
buy HE now...you won't regret it, it's very versitile...got something for everyone

The growls are by Jonas, Arjen said so him self. The growls are in the final track of the album.

Its a cool album but Arjens lyrics just keep getting worse and worse...
There were many times where I found myself laughing and cringing at what these cool singers were singing.

I personally really enjoy the lyrics to this album! It's like nothing else being done right now, other than some of the content from the latest PORCUPINE TREE album "Fear of a Blank Planet" which I also loved. Lyrically, I found it more relevant that 90% of all other lyrics out there. All in all, I enjoy this whole new AYREON album and many of my favourite moments are when Jonas sings. + The production is absolutely brilliant with lots of modern, cutting edge touches mixed in with the traditional and acoustic stuff. I personally can't say enough good things about this album! Listen for yourself and enjoy!

:kickass:

The growls are by Jonas, Arjen said so him self. The growls are in the final track of the album.

oh ok
it's hardly noticed...there aren't too much of them anyway
and allow me to correct myself
by saying jonas doesn't growl like that I meant jonas didn't growl like that last time i heard him which was Murder on some bootleg(not talking about the DVD in Poland but it also applies there).
I guess that Jonas' growls just got a lot better.
Jonas' voice is magical...and this is not the first time
unless i knew any better I'd say Scarlet Heavens was sung by Dan Swanö
so anyway I think it's time for another october tide.

p.s
getting pwned by Jonas is my second highlight of the day
the first one would obviously be sex:headbang:

oh ok
it's hardly noticed...there aren't too much of them anyway
and allow me to correct myself
by saying jonas doesn't growl like that I meant jonas didn't growl like that last time i heard him which was Murder on some bootleg(not talking about the DVD in Poland but it also applies there).
I guess that Jonas' growls just got a lot better.
Jonas' voice is magical...and this is not the first time
unless i knew any better I'd say Scarlet Heavens was sung by Dan Swanö
so anyway I think it's time for another october tide.

p.s
getting pwned by Jonas is my second highlight of the day
the first one would obviously be sex:headbang:
sex with yerself doesn't count. :p

But I concur Jonas growls have gotten a lot better. The best i've heard, and i've never been big on non-clean vox.

My favourite Ayreon album is The Universal Migrator part II, but i love this last one too. It was great to see Jonas face uncovered on the DVD (last time i saw them live, i knew he was Jonas because he sounded like Jonas... i barely got to see his nose)

I just got a couple of tracks from my girlfriend and well...

Jonas Part is great and saves the song from sucking. The first 5 minutes are just thick, overproduced crap with one of the most annoying sounding drums ever. The last part of the song is quite alright until it becomes a Therion copy (9:15).

"Beneath The Waves" sounds completly different and does not suck and thus I ahve some hope for the rest.

I dunno, this music isn't really for me. It's too much. The guy behind it should learn when less is more.

And cut out the cheese, it's worse than my poetry.

it is quite rare to see Jonas' nose

I mean, he uses to sing hiding his face behaind his long hair, showing the tip of his nose only, a bit uncle that-style, you know. and I think is nice to see him on the DVD because there are not so many video interviews (or I havent seen many of them, actually, just 1)

I quite enjoyed the first half. Haven't gotten in to cd 2 yet.
At first (as I'm new to Ayreon) I had the feeling that there were just too many songs
playng at the same time. But then, trying to take it as operatic music, I found more
logic in the songs. I quite like the softness of the music. The only thing I really want to critisise
is the fact Arjen seems to compose a bit too much Gathering for Anneke and a bit too much Katatonia for Jonas etc.
Haven't heard any other Ayreon, should probably get Human Equation.

its the first album I got to know by the artist and I really like it.. so now I'll check out the previous ones if they're even better.