Is this Jonas Renkse on the upcoming Ayreon album?

Actually I've always thought of his tone vastly superior to his technique. Of course he's come along way, but his tone is something special.

Agreed. He is not the most technical vocalist out there for sure, but just the sound of his voice sends shivers down my spine. He's my favourite singer.

Actually I've always thought of his tone vastly superior to his technique. Of course he's come along way, but his tone is something special.

He didn't have that tone in the early days I think.
What I love about his voice is that it's extremely clear and soothing. On discouraged ones it's so much more unclean, I didn't love his voice then like I do now, by far. I don't hear any of that clearness in the older albums

What I love about his voice is that it's extremely clear and soothing. On discouraged ones it's so much more unclean, I didn't love his voice then like I do now, by far. I don't hear any of that clearness in the older albums
Its partly because of the good production they have now, ofcourse. But also live he has that voice, so he has definately developed.

Well your voice changes greatly as you age, but the tone was there just not as nice as it is now. His voice is much like a fine wine. :)

damn... his growl has gotten better than ever before :)

(still, we dont know if his voice can take an entire song.... otherwise, he can be the new bloodbath singer :p)