Ayreon

OctoberVision

May 1, 2001
Detroit, Michigan
Visit site
Any Ayreon fans here? I just picked up "Universal Migrator Part 2: Flight of the Migrator" I'm not really sure what I think, yet. The vocals don't really do it for me. I've never been overly fond of power/progressive metal vocals. I think they'd do well to release a purely instrumental album.

I'm debating whether I should get part one of the Universal Migrator now. The store I work at has it in stock..

What do you think?

Hello!

Ayreon kicks ass! When I first picked up both cds I was sure I would like pt.2 better as it's prog metal while pt.1 is prog rock though I surprised myself and couldn't stop playing The Universal Migrator pt.1. This cd is great... trust me if you get it and listen to it you will not be dissapointed. Other then that I have been meaning to check out the new cd by Arjen whatever his name his called Ambeon which has that fourteen year old girl singing on it. I've heard it's mellow and ambient as the name suggests but I could maybe use the change and be surprised again.

Brandon

Arjen is a fucking genius, and the fact that he can incorporate so many accomplished atlents in his own right and still create an entirey original vision is remarkable. Listening to Isis And Osiris right now, possibly my favorite Ayreon composition. The Dream Sequencer is incredible, and a necessity for anyone interested in Ayreon...and it has no power metal-ish vox

Originally posted by Autumn Falls
Hello!

Ayreon kicks ass! When I first picked up both cds I was sure I would like pt.2 better as it's prog metal while pt.1 is prog rock though I surprised myself and couldn't stop playing The Universal Migrator pt.1. This cd is great... trust me if you get it and listen to it you will not be dissapointed. Other then that I have been meaning to check out the new cd by Arjen whatever his name his called Ambeon which has that fourteen year old girl singing on it. I've heard it's mellow and ambient as the name suggests but I could maybe use the change and be surprised again.

Brandon

is Ambeon the bands name? , where can I listen to some of this music on the net .

I agree. Arjen, the man behind Ayreon, is an amazing composer and I respect all of his work. If you like more mellow atmospheric stuff, like Pink Floyd, then denfinetly get the Dream Sequencer. Ambeon is the name of his new side project and is supposed to be quite good, but I haven't heard it yet myself. There are probably some samples on the official Ayreon site.

Originally posted by Alucard
I agree. Arjen, the man behind Ayreon, is an amazing composer and I respect all of his work. If you like more mellow atmospheric stuff, like Pink Floyd, then denfinetly get the Dream Sequencer. Ambeon is the name of his new side project and is supposed to be quite good, but I haven't heard it yet myself. There are probably some samples on the official Ayreon site.

Nope no samples on the official site , but if you go to audiogalaxy.com you can get most of the songs . Estranged is a good one . Man that girl can fuckin sing .