B-52 Amps?!

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I just recently came across their line of amps... Anyone here own one? They're pretty cheap but I'm sceptical, the reviews at harmony central are to good to be true... How do the AT-100 compare to a dual rectifier?

:headbang:

our guitarist has b52 cab and the b52 solid state head and it sounds pretty good but he loves my tube amp and is upgrading, but all in all its good stuff!

Oh yea our p.a. is b52 and its the best freaking p.a. i have ever used :headbang:

I'm curious about there rectifier one and other tube head... I need backup head for tour :)

In my opinion, dosen't even come CLOSE to sounding like a recto. Save for the real deal if you want something that sounds like a recto. Or if you want an even better sound, get a 5150. :headbang:

I was talking to a salesperson at GC about these amps when I was shopping for a new head, and he told me that they are EXTREMELY unreliable and could not recommend buying one.

yea the other guitarist in my band has one and it is a night mare..for some reason its really succeptable to feedback and one of his channels just quit working one day..i dont like them at all

It seems some people really dig them, but a long time ago, I played a show where the opening band used a B-52 and it crapped out before soundcheck was through. I'm pretty sure it was a solidstate head. This was way back when they first hit the market though, so perhaps they're a bit better now?

I've only heard a few people dick around with them at GC, but everything I heard is that it's the poor man's recto. Anyone I've asked say they are great bangs for the buck.