back to the 80's

How could I miss a thread about the 80's? :) I think I've still got your original mix floating around somewhere. This sounds great! :) Did you do some EQ matching on the guitars? Because they're not that far off. Definitely better than your original mix. Johnny's voice just fits right in with this song. He's got a great voice, and is always a pleasure to work with (one of the few singers I've said that about lol).

Thanks Mark Im glad you liked it! no tone matching here but I did spend a lot of time messing with mic placement,and I think I got pretty close to the original sound.
i used my hughes and kettner metal master tube preamp which has a solid state power amp built in, i love this preamp i think it does a good job mimicking a marshall plexi.
the key here was i recorded all the guitar tracks with very little gain (distortion). the main guitars have 3 tracks on them, 2 left-right 50% and 1 in the middle with slap back delay and on some harmony parts have 6 tracks on them, anyway i think its probably one of the best tones I gotten with this setup....I usually used the h&k preamp with impulses but wasn't really happy with the tone. i guess miking wins! yeah i agree Johnny has an amazing voice!

Great job with the guitar tone. I really like it! I hope to be posting something else with Johnny vocals soon (if I ever get the outro solo from someone...or maybe quit being lazy and do it myself). :)

HELL YEA!!! sounds great! that snare verb is dead on... gotta love the 80s and those snr verbs. great mix too!

i've been trying to collab with Johnny for years and hopefully will make that happen in the near future. great voice!