Joey Stuck in the 80's?

I loved the '80s too!
But man, that was 20 years ago......... not sure if I could keep going like I did back then,
I have to stop for a cup of tea and lie down after posting a message on here ;)

so how do we get that "vibe" back not the sound.
How do young bands and club owners push all these new up and coming bands that are shit hot, so that every weekend there is another "new" band in town!
Some how I don't think recreating an 80's sound and an '80s line up is the way forward for that kind of vibe again!

well club owners are much more interested in getting a D.J.I don't want the 80's sound either,I don't know. I'm getting all mixed up. I remeber the tape trading scene to hear new bands thats how I discoverd bands like Testament (Legacy back then) Vio-lence and countless others.I just don't know :erk:

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Is there a way to hear the press conference from yesterday?? I heard some of it but I was at work & did'nt get to listen to much. They sounded happy, but with the pictures they don't look too happy at all.I do hope they all get along well for this reunion,but as they said yesterday "this could end tommorrow".

Ya. It's getting replayed today and on Sunday. Just go to sirius.com and get a free 3 day trial and check it out.

I think he meant "Old School style".
'Deths new record sounded similar to the past 5 they have released, not so similar to their old 80's records.
Slayer has certainly changed from the old days, Im unsure of whether it's good or worse.

Kreator is a great thrash metal band and their latest album sounds just as 80's as their older ones :)