Come on Joey!

johnnieCzech said:
HIM are the headliners? That bunch of sissy fag posers? I went to check em out in Prague years ago and they sucked an incredible amounts of fucking ass!

Now that´s one confusing band Johnnie. I´ve always thought of HIM as a girly band but a couple of weeks ago they brought Jeff Walker onstage and started playing Ruptured in Purulence, what´s up with that?

"They´re fucking with me subliminaly"

DeathRider11 said:
Yeah, so wot if i 'new' to the board.
I just wanna know whats happenin like the rest of you. Except i aint jumpin to any conclusions an bitchin bout it all. I been a fan for a good few years (and yes, sorry for only being born in 1986 and not having the oppertuntiy to support them from the start)

I agree. I'm new here and I've tried to read most of the threads about the reunion and what irritates me is older fans thinking that just because they were into metal back in the day, the opinions of younger fans of Anthrax are not worth as much as theirs and that all new stuff sucks just because it doesnt trigger the memories of youth that the older stuff did. Try not to be so old and moany!

I am a Bush era fan though I do like and own the older stuff. Anthrax have been doing a great job at taking the music forward through the 'lean' years. They have done better than Metallica and Megadeth. In Europe they were not forgotten as readily as they were over in the States (said many times by the band themselves at gigs). They've put out some great albums durign the Bush era.

I think everyone is totally confused and there seems to be no clear statement form the band about who, what, why or when regarding the new (old?) lineup! It seems that Rob and John have been treated badly and I hope Anthrax answer some questions soon.

Hell yeah glad to see some of the OG fans coming back in force. If you are against seeing this reunion tour there is NO WAY you were ever an Anthrax fan back in their prime just NO WAY

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Hell yeah glad to see some of the OG fans coming back in force. If you are against seeing this reunion tour there is NO WAY you were ever an Anthrax fan back in their prime just NO WAY

Oh yes there is and it´s more than understandable. Think about it.

ironmaidenfan09 said:

That's just a lame thing to say!! I've seen them with the ATL line-up in 1990, I saw them with the SOWN line-up in '93, and I saw them on the WCFYA tour.

I loved them then, and I loved them ... until now.. (we'll see what the future brings) I mean, I've been a huge fan ever since I saw them back in '90, but I do really think they are going "2 steps forward, a 100 steps back" with this thing...

Mickenglanduk said:
Sorry to say that a band called Black Sabbath are headlining Download followed by Velvet Revolver and them Him. Anthrax are about 4th down the list I think
If that was Bush anthrax Id have been front row going fukin nuts. but Although I dont hate joeys voice, I have no intrest in seeing them without john. I know that makes me sound like a fair weather fan, but I know what I like and thats vocals with balls. That and John seems down to earth, while joey walks around on a cloud where no-one can touch him(ive read his arrogant postings on his site!)
That and all reunions such to me. I didnt even like maiden when bruce came back. Forward is the only direction!

HI,

This is my 1st post, I have only Joined due to recent news...I do agree with you ona lot of your points. But I cant help feeling cheated by the fact the whole truth about the situation has not been told.

I have been a Anthrax fan since "Spreading the Disease" when I saw them support Metallica.

It seems one day the Anthrax website just shut down then suddenly re-appeared with a totally different line up and thats supposedly ok cos its "A Classic Line up".In some peoples minds.

Im sick of people saying its the original line up as its not. Has everybody forgot Neil Turbin (Fistfull of Metal).

I think this is going to backfire on the band Massively as i think they are a better band with Bush in and also a better Live act. I saw Anthrax 5 times with Belladonna and loved it but I have managed to see them with Bush 5 times too......When they come to the UK and found them Breathtaking!!!.

I see this as a Step backwards. I have still bought my ticket and will travel the hundreds of miles to Glasgow to see them......But Still dont agree with going backwards when the future looked so good.

Lets see John back soon!!!!!!

PJ

yossarianuk said:
This is a hell of a thing to be talking about on a first post.

I've loved Anthrax since Among the Living. I loved them when everyone gave up on them when Joey left. I've loved them in the John Bush era because it was as good as they'd ever done.

I would not slag off Joey to his face, or here, because he is an awesome vocalist. I am, however, gutted if John has left the band for good. I have enjoyed his music, vocals and his live performances for too long to be content with losing them for the future.

Anthrax were building up momentum, and were enhancing their position musically, if not in sales, with every album.

Lets put this in perspective. None of these guys need to do this for the money. the recent Dave Mustaine vs Dave Ellefson trial talked about megadeth having made $100m. Anthrax must be there, or there abouts.

I'd love to know the answer to the key questions:

1) Is John gone for good, or is the reunion a temporary position while he takes a sabatical?

2) Are we likely to see a new album with the "classic" line up (the definition of classic depends on your taste)?

We, the fans, DO need to be told. After all, we pay their wages. What is going on?

Here Here!!! Apart from the Maiden Quote!!!!

Now that is a Classic Line Up........Not HAveing Joey Belladonna and The Poison Dwarf Returning. Saw some of his quotes about athrax and cant believe he has the nerve to re unite......And I cant believe the rest of the band are giving him the chance to do it....It Sucks!!!

PJ
stomp224 said:
If that was Bush anthrax Id have been front row going fukin nuts. but Although I dont hate joeys voice, I have no intrest in seeing them without john. I know that makes me sound like a fair weather fan, but I know what I like and thats vocals with balls. That and John seems down to earth, while joey walks around on a cloud where no-one can touch him(ive read his arrogant postings on his site!)
That and all reunions such to me. I didnt even like maiden when bruce came back. Forward is the only direction!

PJ175 said:
HI,

Im sick of people saying its the original line up as its not. Has everybody forgot Neil Turbin (Fistfull of Metal).

PJ

GREAT POINT DUDE!!!!

most people seem to have forgotten this.

but I understand what they mean by classic re-union. the band went further and more popular with Joey, that was the true 'Thrax of the era. there were only two Era's people talk about, Joey's and Johns.... not neil's

Im with you on this one......They were back on track with the last Couple of Tours and with WCFYA.

Going Backwards....Totally!!!!

PJ

Darth Ridiculous said:
That's just a lame thing to say!! I've seen them with the ATL line-up in 1990, I saw them with the SOWN line-up in '93, and I saw them on the WCFYA tour.

I loved them then, and I loved them ... until now.. (we'll see what the future brings) I mean, I've been a huge fan ever since I saw them back in '90, but I do really think they are going "2 steps forward, a 100 steps back" with this thing...

johnnieCzech said:
HIM are the headliners? That bunch of sissy fag posers? I went to check em out in Prague years ago and they sucked an incredible amounts of fucking ass!

HIM are for ladies only. Their songs are all about broken hearts. Fuck that shit!! :D
Johnnie, you can't imagine how much airplay this crappy music is getting here in Suomi/Finland. Ville Valo is like a god here. It makes me sick.