80's metal solo goodness clip - WITH VOCALS NOW!

AHA - I thought you might've had some boosting going on in around the 2k range, cuz it sounds a bit nasally - maybe try eliminating that one?

AHA - I thought you might've had some boosting going on in around the 2k range, cuz it sounds a bit nasally - maybe try eliminating that one?

I'll try bro. Just giving you a hard time earlier. ;) Vocals still intrigue me. I finally got my head around guitars. Who cares how they sound on their own...it's how it sounds in the mix that counts. The same goes for vocals. But I get really nervous when I hear it by itself. :) I wish this forum would have been around (hell...even the internet for that matter) when I was studying recording in school. I've learned much more advanced concepts hanging around here for a couple of years than I learned in school! :kickass:

Fuck yah! Reminds me of a mix of Dokken and Whitesnake... Are the drums programmed? or is there a real drummer playing that??? Any way you'd be down to share the tracks?? I would stoked to put some real drums to that. or just have to jam to. Long Live 80's hair metal!

Thanks for the comments! Drums are definitely programmed...by me...which is why they're boring. I barely have a clue when it comes to drums. I wouldn't mind hearing some real drums on this some time. Could be fun, and that's all this was supposed to me, just fun...and doing justice to a song I originally recorded on a 4 track 20 years ago. :) I'll PM you later about this.

Thanks Oz! That means a LOT coming from you, with the sounds you get. Actually, you're going to hate me. :) Quad tracked with Revalver III. Two tracks (the main sound) of my old Ibanez RG550 with Duncan SH-12 in bridge and stock PU in neck, through the 6505 model. The other two tracks are my Hellraiser through the ValveKing model, just blended in to add some body to the sound. Instead of using Poid's EnglV30HigherPres impulse that has been my staple lately, I used an off axis Marshall impulse I found in a preset pack over at guitarampmodeling.

Actually, your old test clip of your Windsor + 5150 (when you were channeling Zakk) was my inspiration for this guitar sound. I know it's not the same (and I still prefer your sound), but it helped me to get this sound.

Thanks! John is on my case to hurry up and finish the mix. :) I'll post the whole song when I do. I just have to do some little things here and there, I just never have a lot of time in front of the computer at home. And in case anyone is wondering, as I mentioned in the original thread with the solos, this is heavily based on a Don Dokken song. It's just a song I did for fun right after that album came out back in '90 (I think). I just wanted to have some fun, bring it back to life, and learn new techniques along the way. But John's lyrics and vocals really help to separate it from the original song. He did a fantastic job.

Vocals and mix sound great, I'm kinda missing something in between solo's though, like there should be something really obvious to break them apart, if you get what I mean with my rambling lol.

Vocals and mix sound great, I'm kinda missing something in between solo's though, like there should be something really obvious to break them apart, if you get what I mean with my rambling lol.

I get what you mean, and point taken. I just wanted to keep the feel of dual solo songs off that Don Dokken CD though, where Billy White starts it out and John Norum comes in right after him...although our playing is nothing like them.

I want to thank everyone for their comments. This was only meant to bring back some memories, have a little fun, and finally do justice to an old recording. I had no idea it would turn out like this...especially with the help of John and Marcus! :worship:

No problem dude. It sounds awesome, I think anyone in the world would say you definitely did your old recording justice, because it's come out sounding completely pro.