Small solo clip of latest 80's rock/metal song

grywolf627

Mar 16, 2006
Houston, TX
I know a lot of people around here don't dig 80's metal, but since several people have asked if I'm working on anything new, just thought I'd post a small clip from the latest song. It's been taking a loooong time to get this done, due to various things (including the fact that I may be a father any day now!). Last time Marcus (Metaltastic) shared solos with me. This time, I had the honor of trading solos with Decimator. LOVE the solo!!! (And Notuern, get that wrist healed!) I didn't put this is the 'rate my mix' section because this was just a test clip, NOT a final mix. Decimator has the second half of the solo, with the wah:

Leaving - test solo clip

Oh man, I still love your solo in this Mark, and Decimator's is great too! (though could be a bit louder and/or have a touch more mids to cut through IMO, but great note choice dude!)

I fucking LOVE 80's rock and metal.

This is great though... all you need is a huge chorus with 7 billion part harmony backing vocals, please. :)

P.S. Listen to Steel Panther.

Thanks guys! Decimator played exactly the style I was hoping for without me even have to tell him. Awesome job!

@Marcus...already being picky?? ;) Yeah, I know...I just quickly threw this together last night before heading to bed.

Just waiting on the vocals (he's a REALLY busy guy) then will start on the final mix of this.

EDIT: Thanks Dan! Steel Panther? Haven't heard of them. I'll be sure to check it out. ;)

I know a lot of people around here don't dig 80's metal, but since several people have asked if I'm working on anything new, just thought I'd post a small clip from the latest song. It's been taking a loooong time to get this done, due to various things (including the fact that I may be a father any day now!). Last time Marcus (Metaltastic) shared solos with me. This time, I had the honor of trading solos with Decimator. LOVE the solo!!! (And Notuern, get that wrist healed!) I didn't put this is the 'rate my mix' section because this was just a test clip, NOT a final mix. Decimator has the second half of the solo, with the wah:

Leaving - test solo clip

It sounds frikkin' awesome dude!
As soon as my wrist is healed and ive re-learned how to play guitar, we should definitely do a project!

Im really looking forward to hear the finished product of this song! :)