Final version of my 80's metal forum collaboration - "Changes"

Good work dudes! :kickass:

But . . . I got all sad :cry: and thought about my 1st. Dam her cherry was sweet.
free-sexy-smileys-947.gif
:headbang:

Mark I'm wanting an album from you..this sounds pro, great mix, great song, great playing!! I love this stuff!! I know this is for fun but if I was to be critical at all I would say the one thing this is missing is real drums!! Marcus awesome solo! Singer is unbelievable. Perfect expression and voice.

...the one thing this is missing is real drums!!

And real bass. ;) I have a bass, but decided to use a VSTi. :) Actually, a forum member here offered to put some real drums to it. I may need to take him up on the offer. Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to hearing YOUR album!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the positive comments and especially to Mark and Marcus for letting me sit in with them on this. I have several projects going so it was cool that things worked out during a break to allow me the opportunity to contribute.

I really dig this board and have learned a lot in the short time I've been hanging around, so it was nice to be able to give something back.

Thanks Will! I'm sure I could do even better music with one of your guitars. ;) Hey, I thought you were in the mood to lay down some of your own smokin' '80's tracks. Still waiting to hear those. :D

This is just awesome Mark! :headbang:

.. But you have to give Don Dokken some credit for it. ;)

I get distracted easily. :lol:

:lol: I know what you mean! I'm barely even listening to any kind of modern metal right now (a little here and there) until I finish up a few 80's type songs...or I'll lose the mood to do them. :lol:

saved on hdd ;)

Grab the new version in the first post. ;) I updated the link with a version addressing a couple of issues.

Marcus: I turned up your solo a little.
John: After you told me about that hiss, I couldn't NOT notice it. It's gone now. Also made a small effects automation change, probably not noticeable to anyone but me, and shortened the fade out time.

Mark I'm wanting an album from you..this sounds pro, great mix, great song, great playing!! I love this stuff!! I know this is for fun but if I was to be critical at all I would say the one thing this is missing is real drums!! Marcus awesome solo! Singer is unbelievable. Perfect expression and voice.

Mark this is amazing cant stop listening to this in my car :lol:sounds so professional great job to you, Marcus and John.. we need more stuff like this man!!!!!its out of fashion but who cares:headbang:

Mark this is amazing cant stop listening to this in my car :lol:sounds so professional great job to you, Marcus and John.. we need more stuff like this man!!!!!its out of fashion but who cares:headbang:

Hahaha Thanks Zakky. I really didn't expect to get this reaction from a 80's metal song, that is actually a remake of an old song of mine, that is actually heavily ripping off a Don Dokken song, on the Sneap board. :loco: :lol:

I've got at least one, maybe two more coming up. I feel like redoing some of my old songs and doing them justice. Next is "Leaving". It's not ripped off from anyone. :) Noutern is trading solos with me on this song. And I'm surprised he hasn't kicked my ass for not getting more work done on this song. :lol: After that, I may redo my old final project from recording school. After that, if I'm still in the mood, I've been wanting to do two covers in particular: Rainbow "Lady Of The Lake" and Foreigner "Double Vision". Of course, with an updated sound. Then I've really got to get back to my "Tell-tale Heart" epic piece, that I've put off for so long because the drums intimidate me. :) (but this is more like old Dream Theater, Vicious Rumors, and a little Kamelot). So...no worries...more to come! :) It just takes me a long time because I never have much time for working on things.

By the way...keep working on that "Rebel Yell". ;) Looking forward to hearing that completed.

Hahaha Thanks Zakky. I really didn't expect to get this reaction from a 80's metal song, that is actually a remake of an old song of mine, that is actually heavily ripping off a Don Dokken song, on the Sneap board. :loco: :lol:

I've got at least one, maybe two more coming up. I feel like redoing some of my old songs and doing them justice. Next is "Leaving". It's not ripped off from anyone. :) Noutern is trading solos with me on this song. And I'm surprised he hasn't kicked my ass for not getting more work done on this song. :lol: After that, I may redo my old final project from recording school. After that, if I'm still in the mood, I've been wanting to do two covers in particular: Rainbow "Lady Of The Lake" and Foreigner "Double Vision". Of course, with an updated sound. Then I've really got to get back to my "Tell-tale Heart" epic piece, that I've put off for so long because the drums intimidate me. :) (but this is more like old Dream Theater, Vicious Rumors, and a little Kamelot). So...no worries...more to come! :) It just takes me a long time because I never have much time for working on things.

By the way...keep working on that "Rebel Yell". ;) Looking forward to hearing that completed.

Wow, can't wait for all that!!! By the way Marcus, your solo totally reminded me of Reb Beach (great guitarist, even if Winger was damn fruity).

Thanks a lot man! Reb Beach could definitely shred his nuts off (but very tastefully) so I definitely take it as a compliment! :headbang:

Reb Beach? Awesome guitarist. But don't think I've heard him do so much picking as Marcus, or play a solo without some kind of tapping. :) I've seen it as kind of the "Shrapnel Records solos". Where mine is more like MacAlpine and Marcus' is Vinnie Moore. haha :)

Yeah what I love is the feeling/groove Reb has in his shreds, I don't hear that in ALL the Shrapnel dudes. Favourite of his has gotta be Black Magic, check it out on YouTube. Totally agree about McAlpine and Vinnie Moore! I swear I'll never get sick of this stuff.