Bad Christian metal vs. Good "evil" metal.

Jan 4, 2013
In my opinion is is just as bad in God's sight to have bad sounding Christian metal, as it is to have good sounding black sabbath, slayer, etc. (I consider both bad) I think if you make crap music, and put God's name on it I would rather you not make it at all for he is worthy Of so much more. Bands like Theocracy bring glory to God not only through there lyrics, but also through there musical quality because it is so good. If Christians are stuck smoking the tail pipe of culture, what glory does God get?

I was just thinking this in my head

The thing is plenty of people get caught up in delivering their message that the music ends up being generic or bland.

Luckily we are not all the same. Taste differs. Also, these bands just want to make music for God (or give the youth some alternative to evil metal :p). Let's be thankful that we do not have to be perfect (because we can't be).

Yeah, my composition lecturer says that no matter what music you create - and no matter how bad it is - someone, somewhere will like it. In other words, there's no accounting for taste!

I agree that Theocracy's quality and integrity glorifies God, and yet (hard as it may be to believe) there are people who don't even like the amazing music of Theocracy.

You know what? Your right. I apologize if I offended anyone. But I also believe that God has alot more creativity then someone else who doesnt glorify him. I just believe that it is possible to have music that glorifies God be better than music that doesn't. (i was just using theocracy as an example. I think there are alot of good bands out there like extol, bloodgood, stryper, that Canadian band that post on here that I can't remember his name, etc.) but your right. All bands that work to glorify God are doing good work