Balkans

hey, mocika, if you have had a look at my trade/want list (signature), you would have seen it on my trade list, so you wouldn't have had to buy it.
or did you get it to review it?

Balkans is the region of Yougoslavia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania etc...

Some nice bands are
Negura Bunget - Romanian Black metal
Korozy - Bulgarian black metal
Necromancer - Bulgarian sympho-death-trash very enjoyable
Dark Inversion - Black Metal from Bulgaria
May Result - Serbian symphonic black, they used to play nice death metal
Sanatorium - Macedonian Death Thrash.

Love Conquers All said:
Balkans is the region of Yougoslavia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania etc...
It's not true...!!! Croatia is not a balkan state geografically, just like Slovenia... Croatia is a final border, after Croatian soth border comes balkan.
Just because they're all Slavic countries, that doesn't mean they're all balkan, because balkan, just like scandinavia is just of geografic matter.

is this the actual, real trigger for the split of croatia and slovenia from ex-yugoslavia? cos ppl. don't feel to belong to the "culture of balkan" ?

don't make light of the politics of this region. and yes, we're here to talk music.

as i said in the original post, it's a poorly named region. the common conception is that the Balkans are the same as former Yugoslavia. but the term 'Balkan' comes from a mountain range in the south. Asmodeus is right, technically, and made the point. it's geography, not politics.

so let's drop the bickering and talk about music from the whole area. none of which gets it's share of publicity. if someone else comes along complaning that this or that isn't Balkan, we can say, 'i know.'

I like Vokodlok. I'm very happy to see that Romania now has its own thread.

I think I've figured out the problem. The mountain range is in the east. I was wrong about that. It's in Bulgaria more than anywhere else. But, the peninsula is called the Balkan Peninsula which includes everything from Greese to Slovenia to Romania. That's according to The Encyclopedia Britanica.

Now, while they're not wrong, the name still is. The name was given to the peninsula by a German map maker a few centuries ago. He didn't really know the reagion and assumed that the mountains were throughout.

It is rather fitting that this thread is a mess, isn't it?

There's some serious metal coming from the region, though. It would be a shame if you missed it.

HELLHAMMER FEST 2003.

28. , 29. , 30. 8. 2003. CACAK

FIRST OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL IN SERBIA & MONTENEGRO

BANDS:

ANCIENT (NOR) HYPNOS (CZ)
PANDEMIA (CZ) FLESHLESS (CZ) DEMENTOR (SK) SANATORIUM (SK)
ORKRIST (SK) KOLDBRANN (NOR) GRENJAR (NOR) VOKODLOK (ROM)
NEGURA BUNGET (ROM) AVATAR (ROM) ENTHRALMENT (BUL)
KOROZY (BUL) CASKETGARDEN (HUN) NEURAL BOOSTER (HUN)
SINIAC (MAC) EMBRIOTOMY (MAC) AVENGER (CZ) DARK STORM (CZ)
TOXIC DEATH (BIH) AGONIZE (BIH) INTERFECTOR (ROS) DEBAUCHERY (D)
SACRAMENTAL BLOOD MAY RESULT AMON DIN THE STONE SIMARGAL
ALL MY SINS HERETICAL GUILT PATHOLOGICAL SPLATTERS AZAZEL MAROTH
PUNISHED TALES OF DARK

TICKET PRICES :
FOR ALL THREE DAYS 20 EUROS
FOR ONE DAY 8,5 EUROS
PLACE FOR METAL CAMPERS WILL BE AVAILABLE

ALL INFORMATION ON WWW.HELLHAMMER .TK
DIRECT ORGANIZATION CONTACT:
Marko Gospavic
emperor@uns.ns.ac.yu
tel:+381 21 396 430 , +381 32 43 918