Goodmorning, Zena speaking, please hold

I have half a mind to record myself growling for 2 hours. But I dont think I can be bothered :D

I'm not going to argue with Spawny about this. Not because he's right or wrong, but because he's ignorant. :p He should not comment on death metal vocals, because he doesn't understand them. And I realise that sentence could be interpreted in two ways, so don't bother pointing that out. :)

Spiff is correct when he says the vocals act as an extra instrument, and frankly Barlow or Dickinson style vocals in a band as heavy as Blood Duster would just sound utterly gay.

Originally posted by Goreripper
I'm not going to argue with Spawny about this. Not because he's right or wrong, but because he's ignorant. :p He should not comment on death metal vocals, because he doesn't understand them. And I realise that sentence could be interpreted in two ways, so don't bother pointing that out. :)

Spiff is correct when he says the vocals act as an extra instrument, and frankly Barlow or Dickinson style vocals in a band as heavy as Blood Duster would just sound utterly gay.

Ignorant is calling someone ignorant simply because they dont agree with you. Nile has some BRILLIANT music, and VERY insightful and well researched lyrics.
Yet dont give someone the lyrics booklet and it was all a waste of their time, they may as well be singing about their shopping list. Yelling/growling unintelligably does not take talent.

(Smashed, I remember that guy, he had one hit and was dead and buried! Yet he was the one who wrote all the hits for Take That. Its pretty weird really :lol: )

"Is it my body or my brain,
Is it my money or my name (ooh-yeah!)
Do I drive you insane?
What is my, what is my-yyy..."

Pardon my reflexes. For some reason I always have to do that when someone mentions the word "Charisma".

I agree with Spawn about death metal vox (don't like them at all), but I can see Goreripper's point too. Everyone's right so all is well :).

W

Well, hundreds of millions* of people like bands with death metal vocals, so they must be doing something right.

*Numbers may not be entirely accurate

You're the last person who should be commenting on music, Mr "SFSGSW-is-the-worst-album-since-let-me-think-what's-another-classic-metal-album-that-I-can-say-is-terrible-oh-I-know-how-about-Number-of-the-Beast".