Ctrl + Z

colynomial

Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
wearetulip.com
Anyone else ever find their brain basically thinking, or even saying this when you make a "mistake" in everyday life?

Hopefully I'm not just advertising my own craziness, but sometimes I find myself thinking "Ctrl Z" when I make a wrong turn in the car, or write something down incorrectly with a pen on paper, or spill milk on the floor while pouring it into a glass. I'm not joking by the way- it's reflex- my brain just automatically sends out this catch-all, "edit->undo" vibe whenever my life needs a retry.

I figure us macro-savy AEs, who constantly need to "try again" with aweful takes/edits/etc, might be overexposed to this kind of neurological damage and it worries me. Haha.

A few years ago when I was still heavily into IT work I read an article in a (physical) newspaper. There was a picture that featured someone I thought I knew. I caught myself hitting an invisible Crtl + F on the kitchen table to bring up the search window in order to look for his name in the text. :loco:

Anyone else ever find their brain basically thinking, or even saying this when you make a "mistake" in everyday life?

Hopefully I'm not just advertising my own craziness, but sometimes I find myself thinking "Ctrl Z" when I make a wrong turn in the car, or write something down incorrectly with a pen on paper, or spill milk on the floor while pouring it into a glass.

It happens to me every day. :lol::lol:
It would be great to have "Undo" in real life.

Ctrl+z would be awesome but I haven't thought about. I've wanted 'save' and 'load' since I was a kid playing PC games.

Hahaha, good to know I'm not alone!

I guess if we're on to commands that we'd love to have in real life, a good ctrl+alt+del would be useful for those moments when just need to end a whole situation and start over.

Definitely quick save/quick load, mainly because of my abuse of it in playing Deus Ex 1 + 2 (I would quick save and then do the most appallingly awful things I could think of to see what reaction I could get, e.g. massacring the children in the Cairo Tarsus School in Invisible War - then quick load it all away and be a model citizen :heh: )

Definitely quick save/quick load, mainly because of my abuse of it in playing Deus Ex 1 + 2 (I would quick save and then do the most appallingly awful things I could think of to see what reaction I could get, e.g. massacring the children in the Cairo Tarsus School in Invisible War - then quick load it all away and be a model citizen :heh: )

That's how I live everyday

I remember playing Half Life and leaving the quick save and quick load shortcuts next to each other (f7/f8 I think). "oh crap, I totally screwed that up...no worries, I'll just quick load and...oh oh."