Back + advice in life

I'm having a similar situation now. Mixing a feature film, editing and mixing a tv series and mixing another tv shait. I'm this close to a burn out.
Gotta have the courage to make some phone calls...

Some good pieces of advice you're giving out, LeSedna. Except for the "listen to Mika"-thing ;)
Glad to read you're getting out of the burn-out thingy and learned from it as well, so allthough it might have felt as a ad thing, there still was something positive that you took away from this experience.

And Nimvi:
I don't make a lot of money, but together with my wife, I make enough to live. And we still have some money left over to treat ourselves to luxury every now and then. Again, like you concluded: we just accepted that our standard should be a bit lower and we don't have to eat something expensive every day... and all is turning out fine. We are happier than we have ever been.
This pretty much sums up the way I'm approaching my path in life right now and basicly I feel happier now, even though I have a shitty job, then I was when still studying architecture. And if people look down on your way of life, it is probably because in some way they are jealous or incapable of understanding what you are about. If possible, cut them out of your life and find people who are likeminded or at least respect you the way you are. Best thing I did. Society might not be built for people who can't follow the "normal" path, but it is possible to build your own little place within society where you can be you and walk your own path. It might not be easy at first, but with the right people around you, it will get better.

Yep, Its not all about money. Actually, it only matters to the point you get confortable.
Money can't be obtained at life cost (including family, health etc.)
I just need enough money to travel yearly and go to a (luxury) cabaret yearly (but I'm also a Lawyer). =)

Just passed by very quickly to say I had 2 friends quit their jobs for stress reasons and for some magic reason we happened to meet the same day altogether. Spent 3h in the afternoon drinking beer and having the fun of our time because that was so random. One of the happiest moments of this past year for me ! And now in oslo doing my first week with my ne airline, enjoyed my first flight so much ! I have posted a vid on dropbox (and hop referral link :D https://db.tt/AmHYM1sb ). I am feeling good :)

PS : I actually like Mika, he is a reasonable and down to earth man and does just what he likes, and is good at what he does. I respect him !