Band I Recorded (6505, Ibanez cab, 57)

PostMortem1666

Ocean Planet is on burn
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma, US
I finished up a rough version of a deathcore band I recorded about 2 weeks ago. I tried to master a little louder than I normally do. I think I got around -9.5 RMS.

Media.Putfile.com (better quality)
Soundclick

I think the keyboards all need to come up a little bit. I don't know though I have been mixing all day so I can't really trust my ears. :ill: Tell me what you think guys. Thanks!

Edit: I know the subdrop is clipping. This is by no means the final version.

Your an okie boy too ehh? :kickass: Im from Bartlesville. Im on a laptop right now, Ill get on better speakers and let you know later. Its good to hear someone from the same area. I think another guy from Tulsa is also on here. He posted some Hospice stuff... Anyway Ill give you some input later...

Yeah I know the guy that posted the Hospice stuff. He lives in Broken Arrow. JoshDRAH is also from Wagoner. I don't think he posts a whole lot though. Well I'm looking forward to your advice! Akarawd those guitars are double tracked. I would never forget to at least double track. That would have to be one of the biggest mistakes to make in metal production.

Ok the overheads sound strange to me a little week. The chords in this song need to be double rather than just the left channel caring all the weight. Bass is a also a necessity here I would work on that. Its cool that your experimenting with synths, however they seem to clash with the mix. Maybe try a different sounds? Are you using compression at all in your mixes? Im a fan of heavy compression on vox. Your kick and snare are good though. Hope this isnt to much for you, keep up at it!

Just so everyone knows this isn't my band. If I could have told them not to play that lead part on just the right side I would have. Also the drummer's cymbals were HORRIBLE. All of his cymbals except for his hi-hat had almost no sustain. Hell, the drummers whole set was horrible. Some really cheap ass set Pearl knock off. And the synths..... if this was my band I would mute them through that first verse because there is just too much going on. And don't even get me started on those movie clips......Anyways thanks for the advice guys! I'm gonna go work on it and get another rough mix going before the end of the night!