Band Name - Somn?

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Hey Somn! I've been having trouble picking a band name, it seems like the names I like and pick belong to lame "heavy metal" bands from the 70s-80s.... so I would be honored if you and anyone else in Forest Stream who is interested in naming my band, I'd be honored!

For some ideas I'll let you know:

- The genre is sort of prog death, but the sound is triumphant.. with growls and clean vocals.
- My biggest influences are opeth, pain of salvation, and video game music!
- I'm not interested in being "grim, evil" or any other metal stereotype!

I'd be honored, yo... And if my band ever makes it big, we could go on a united states tour together! :tickled:

Thanks o_O

Haha... that's why I asked Somn and the band.... Those are cool names though Lee, I might use one for a black metal side-project... I can see it now.....

I Can't Believe It's Not Anus! - Satan's Grim Anal Probe Upon Humanity

I was wondering whether you have ever noticed that my nick name is actually SoNm and not SoMn?:)) As for your request... We'll think of it!

Oinkness said:
Hey Somn! I've been having trouble picking a band name, it seems like the names I like and pick belong to lame "heavy metal" bands from the 70s-80s.... so I would be honored if you and anyone else in Forest Stream who is interested in naming my band, I'd be honored!

For some ideas I'll let you know:

- The genre is sort of prog death, but the sound is triumphant.. with growls and clean vocals.
- My biggest influences are opeth, pain of salvation, and video game music!
- I'm not interested in being "grim, evil" or any other metal stereotype!

I'd be honored, yo... And if my band ever makes it big, we could go on a united states tour together! :tickled:

Thanks o_O

Sonm said:
I was wondering whether you have ever noticed that my nick name is actually SoNm and not SoMn?:)) As for your request... We'll think of it!
Ohh, sorry... I just got used to saying "Somn" cause it's so similar to "Hymn" and to be honest, I can't read. :( Just kidding. Completely honest, I probably read it and it translated wrong in my mind.. Also Somn is easier to type than Sonm for me, because I learned how to type with my own methods! But don't worry, almighty Sonm! I shall never misspell your mighty name again! :)

And thanks for thinking about the name thing! Remember, I want all of you guys in on it! Then when I'm telling my story in 5 years I can say, "My band was named by a classic band called 'Forest Stream', you've probably heard of them" and the other guy would be like, "Why yes I have, their hit single has been #1 in America for over 3 months!"

Or something... Plus I like your writing style, "Crown of Winter" isn't exactly a ball-busting metal name, and that's what I love about you guys and bands like Opeth, you guys don't try to be all "woo satan grrr each baby guts and sacrifice a goat!"

So yeah.... I'm rambling again, and someone is yelling for me so I'm gonna sign off now!

Thanks! :D

2Lee - There was an e-mail for you, Lee:)) With an attachment:))

2 Oinkness.
I had a side project which was called Ursa Major... damn some ass hole is snoaring on the balcony below.

Ursa Major, as in the big dipper? x_X Are you calling me fat? I only get as much dip on my chips as I need to lube the chip down my throat. :(

Maybe I'll just name the band after a forest stream song, !
Mel Kor is a cool name but I don't know what it means in english!
Black Swans sounds cool...
Steps of Mankind sounds more like an album-title than a song name, but you guys made it an instrumental so everything works out.

It's going to be a while before I even have enough songs for the demo, so let's do some brainstorming. (brainstorm is taken) :(

Lee_B said:
"Spastic's Ankle"
"Hairy Glottis"
"Mildly Amused"
"Glans"
"Fallopian Bake Sale"
"Inserted"
"Unterhosen"
"I Can't Believe it's Not Anus!"
:lol:

Please think of amusing band names using the words 'smegma', 'ptomane', and 'cleft pallate'. Thank you.

edit:
by the by, some cool (in my mind) band names I've thought of are:
Shibboleth
(somewhere in the Bible it talks about two warring peoples and the way they were distinguished is that one couldn't make the 'sh' sound. So one people would be like, "Yo dawg say shibboleth," and the other would be like, "sibboleth," whereupon he was killed. Now it's taken to mean customs/habits unique to a certain group, if I recall)
Blackball
(basically a vote against something)

Ravener
Oneiric
Trow
Wight

The Shibboleth thing sounds like a very interesting concept, but the word is so damn cutesy. HEy Sonm, do you guys know about Russian mythology or something? Maybe there is some ancient mystical russian monster who ate babies that I could name the band after. :) Ehe!

In russain mythology there is this one monster, it goes by the name of Oinkness, it is so terrifying that not even the pop corn companies couldnt believe it wasnt anus.

2 Oinkness. Well... Actually plenty of them, but their names are long and weird. Some names of that kind of vermin (which I think is a proper word) are mentioned below:

Leshiy, Vodyanoy, Baba Yaga, Domovoy, Tchort, Bes, Kaschey Bessmertniy, Chudo Judo, Zmey, Gorynich etc... Those names are originated in pagan times but survived through the christian centuries. In principle I can look in my books about pagan times of Russia, there are I think about several hundreds of monsters and gods.

I really doubt about that. Sometimes I think it would be a good business to translate russian books from russian to english. If I only had a sponsor LOL!:)))
So it goes.
Anyone wanna start a business :GRIN:???

Sonm said:
I really doubt about that. Sometimes I think it would be a good business to translate russian books from russian to english. If I only had a sponsor LOL!:)))
So it goes.
Anyone wanna start a business :GRIN:???
When you're done translating from Russian to English, send it to me and I will translate it from English to good English!

Lol! It's a joke.

You think I am not experienced enough?:))) :GRIN: Well, in this case I'd like to say the fav saying of Lee - even a bawdy wench won't help this coz I am watching you homos!