Band Name - Somn?

@ Oinkness - I always thought Shibboleth would be an awesome name for a death/black metal band, like 'Gorgoroth' or 'Behemoth' or 'Kadath the Lost City' (second best death metal band in Poland... www.kadath.prv.pl) and so on.

@ Deathblade - frigg'n :lol:

@ Sonm - I'd be all about going into business with you, as long as you did all the work and I got all the money for it, just like at Subway! :lol: Actually, I think it'd be kinda cool if you guys did an album where you put your epic, brooding touch on Russian Mythology.

Russian mythology. Well, I love reading about that, but nowadays one can see plenty of pagan stuff from Russia. Most of them say they are patriotically oriented so to speak. But behind the mask you can see just a morbid teen spirit in 95% of the cases so to speak. Queens of foneys is the proper name for that. I don't like that to be honest. Paganism is a cultural legacy of Russia. It's very deep and beautiful. So there is no way of using it as a prop for your own ambitions and moreover - xenophobic views. Wrong way... If we make something related to the russian paganism, well it will be more like a fairy tale stuff...
:))

Well I guess I can go with Shibboleth now...... It is a pretty cool name if you think about it, but its kinda cutesy like "Hippogriff" or Shibby zang bang-a thang.... The name's Bender, baby.

But it would be nice to have a backup name incase this one doesnt work out.

I don't think Shibboleth is very cutesy at all, in fact I find it rather imposing and mean and whatnot, but at any rate I'm glad I was able to help.

As for backup names, I'm unsure. I'll think of something in this evening's cognizant reverie though. Cheers.

Demonant
Mouth of an Abbys
Tower of Doom
Vengensa
Strime
Hylmar
Dorrgul
Forrulm
Trepeth
Dimtoll
Dream Forest
Emblazed
Emerald Dusk
Eatcoalfucksheep

Good offer either
Then we could think of
Bawdy Wench

Wow, Oinkness, Im sure the band appreciates your following of their music and all, but this is getting a little out of hand, even if you are still trolling/joking around.

Anyway, Sonm, how about an update on the album? Is the demo done? You guys in the studio yet? Any other song titles?

I will ask Lee, whether we are allowed to upload some new stuff. All of us are working hardhard on new stuff. There are many tiny things to be fixed. I am really looking forward to hear everything recorded on a professional level. Now there is a great chance to record everything in Russia, but with a foreign soundengineer. I think I will post the full track list soon.
Cheers

I wasn't being a troll or joking when I requested to be named by the band, but the Forest Lake thing was posted jokingly, so I'm sorry. I'm just in such a pickle trying to pick out a name. I already have 3 song demos done recorded and 25% of the fourth song and I'm probably only going to make 6 songs. The first 3 = 30 minutes, plus the fourth is around 45 minutes so the fifth song should make it maybe 55 then with the 6th it would be 65 (keep in mind these are just predictions if the song lengths of 5 and 6 are 10 minutes, which they probably will vary a bit)

I wanted to pick a name that was close to me because I figured that would make it easier to write all my stuff, and have a more solid base that meant something to me, but when it comes to language and personal conceptual writing I am pretty much an empty vessel.. I wanted a name that felt celestial, or light like a cloud... I'm sorry for letting the thread get out of hand.. :)

On the subject of new FS material, I am very excited to hear new stuff but I'm going to wait until its finished and released so I can buy it on CD Quality... I think the movie (Bless U 2 Die) was enough preview for the CD... :)