Band of the Day: Children of Bodom

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
It's been a few days, but ahhhhh who cares. :)

Band of the day is Children of Bodom. Your favorite album?

Mine is Something Wild. Later albums may have been far more refined, but there is just something reckless enough about the combination of extreme metal and Yngwieisms that make me believe they had no fucking clue what they were doing... but it was exciting and fresh. Something about the later albums come across as a bit sterile to me...

Jim LotFP said:
Band of the day is Children of Bodom. Your favorite album?
I'd prolly go with "Follow the Reaper" as that one seems to have focused more on song structure than the previous.

Jim LotFP said:
Mine is Something Wild. Later albums may have been far more refined, but there is just something reckless enough about the combination of extreme metal and Yngwieisms that make me believe they had no fucking clue what they were doing... but it was exciting and fresh.
True dat.

Jim LotFP said:
Something about the later albums come across as a bit sterile to me...
It's difficult to build on a formula without sounding forced - but I still prolly prefer the last two to the first two - but I dig the first two. I love both Laiho and Warmen's (or however he spells it this week) shredding, and it's a formula that I enjoy (although not enough to wanna hear anymore Kalmah or Norther records).