Band with no Equipment

-Noodles-

3 Initals Mixer
Dec 20, 2007
This week I'm recording a total 'new' band.

Great songs, but they use practice studios equipment and don't have any of their own stuff.

I could take my whole guitar setup to the drum-tracking studio that I use (which I've got for a week) or I can take my pedals and use the Vox + Line6 amps to record with.

I was wanting a total orange / marshall sound for the guitars, and my channel plan was to have 2*57s / sE 2200A / DI track for each guitar.

That'll probably be worthless for the guitar amps that the studio have, so should I just rely on my DI channels and then re-amp at home?

Any ideas would be great - this is the first time I've ever had my hands on a "new" band ..

I would love to find a band that didn't own any gear so they'd stop putting up such a fucking fight about using my well setup, well maintained, and decent equipment instead of their Peavey Predators, Crate heads and CB Percussion kits with 300 toms.

Minor rant/hijacking. Proceed.

Yup, take the Di's and track at home. If you know you can get a killer sound there then why bother playing with terrible gear trying to get a half decent sound out of it.

I would love to find a band that didn't own any gear so they'd stop putting up such a fucking fight about using my well setup, well maintained, and decent equipment instead of their Peavey Predators, Crate heads and CB Percussion kits with 300 toms.

Minor rant/hijacking. Proceed.

If I had a dollar for every band that contacted me who tuned to drop B with 9s...

I'd have probably like 10 bucks.

But really, I highly suggest bands use the stuff I have here. Iam blown away by how stupid some kids can be when it comes to decent equiptment.

"What do you mean bro? I brought my marshall MG stack... That thing is a PRO amp... and I want to use it on my songs."

If I had a dollar for every band that contacted me who tuned to drop B with 9s...

I'd have probably like 10 bucks.

But really, I highly suggest bands use the stuff I have here. Iam blown away by how stupid some kids can be when it comes to decent equiptment.

"What do you mean bro? I brought my marshall MG stack... That thing is a PRO amp... and I want to use it on my songs."

Yeah, I understand even if you don't have the BEST gear, that you are comfortable with your stuff and it's familiar, but come on. If you want to use a Peavey Rage 1x10 combo instead of my 5150II or my Mesa DR 2ch, you should really go somewhere else. :p

thanks guys.

I ended up getting a small 1*12 bogner cab, and taking my marshall head.
got all DIs though.

Mix starts this weekend.
I will be posting clips on this one..