Band's recording

BreakdownHope

New Metal Member
Jul 18, 2006
Singapore
Hey guys. Been reading this forum intently for some time now, and have picked up quite a few tips, unfortunately only quite some time AFTER recording one song one year ago.

Anyway i would just like some opinions on my band's song. The guitars were done DI, through a line6 rack. as for the drums only the snare and the kick has been triggered. Well from my perspective its a pretty messy job, but clarity is there, and we didnt use the click when recording it then. After all it was a recording at my friend's home studio.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C7F04109320C8925

Anyway reason i asked is we're heading into the studio to record (hopefully 5 tracks) on friday.

Anyone ever tried the Ibanez Thermion TN120 through its ibanez 4 x Celestion Vintage 30? Because that's what we're planning to use, with a 57.

Could you guys give me some instructions on what compression etc that should be done? Hoping to obtain a Killswitch-ish tone, but have no idea how the ibanez sounds when recorded.

Thanks guys

The clean vox is horrible!
Sorry, just had to say that.
The mix is pretty cool! Not outstanding, but pretty good for a "home-studio" recording.
I've actually heard good stuff about the ibanez thermion. I believ 006 tried one out and posted a review of it a while back. Try the search function and see if you can find it.

BreakdownHope said:
Could you guys give me any tips on compression for guitars and the filtering areas?

compression wise, I would only ever use andy's c4 setting and tweak it to your taste, as far as filtering drop everything below 80hz (move this higher to taste, depending on tone/tuning) and everything above 10khz