Bands similar to Orphaned Land

A band I haven't seen mentioned yet is The Firstborn from Portugal. On there album The Uncleanching of Fists they use alot of asian sounding stuff. Also the odd Meads of Asphodel song has Middle Eastern sounding stuff. Just come across a band from Russia called Kartikeya, sounds pretty promising plus they've done a cover of The Kiss of Babylon.

Finally heard the new Melechesh album as a whole rather than just snippets...and I must say I'm pretty disappointed...
I mean it has some cool elements and it's nicely done but overall for me it was pretty boring...

and the name Gaynah makes me think of stuff I don't like to think of... however, I like the music, but I find it strange that someone has writing danish on their myspace site in the comments XD

I agree, but I still like it just as much as Sphynx, which I did find boring too, but I like the music because it's very fucking good, just repetive..

I never said it was worse than sphynx...but i kind of expected it to be a lot better and it was just a little better

I didn't even get the promo yet. I hope the guy from the label got the address right. But if not, I will just buy it like a regular, not press person.

And a big :mad: to all you blasphemers! Some of their stuff does repeat, but the song structures are really technical. It's not like Darkthrone (which I love, but they are simple as hell and repetitive).

I think that's becuse Emesseries is due to be released in January in North America while in the rest of the world it's already in stores.

if you don't get it from the label...order it from europe

They use that negro-style drum scale alot already, like it's the only middle-eastern drum scale out there :S

I mean how many songs have they used it so far? 6?

Although they did a good job with the drums in "Incedium between Mirage and Time" and "Oasis of Melten Gold" but they're like the only ones :(

Oh and I love that experimental Afghani band Qaynah, just as much as I love Secret Chiefs 3's "Ishraqiyuns".

Samael also played in Israel a year ago...I like their metal stuff but the industrial, i can't connect to it...I'm not much into industrial anyway so that's not a surprise

I never really bothered with them. I might check out their black metal stuff since Euronymous apparently thought highly enough of them to send them skull shards. But I am turned off to them since I despise industrial.

I never really bothered with them. I might check out their black metal stuff since Euronymous apparently thought highly enough of them to send them skull shards. But I am turned off to them since I despise industrial.

Do you like The Project Hate MCMXCIX?
In general I don't like industrial but this band is amazing imo...