Bands Similar To Zero Hour?

Yes a Tribute to Life (Fragile Vastness) is a great CD Just so impressed when I heard this CD and from what you written you should love it. Only 1 track I do not like on it; a really cool concept album!. Let me know your thoughts
Yes I suffer from the same problem; so much great music to get just not enough money to buy them all! Welcome to being a member of AA Album Anon As yet there is no cure except to hear more music and feed your addiction!!!
Soulrain 21 also has a video with the two extra tracks. I was lucky as this came with CD at no extra cost
Still waiting for the new Zero hour CD Bo hoo (problem with living in Europe)

spatch said:
Yes a Tribute to Life (Fragile Vastness) is a great CD Just so impressed when I heard this CD and from what you written you should love it. Only 1 track I do not like on it; a really cool concept album!. Let me know your thoughts
Yes I suffer from the same problem; so much great music to get just not enough money to buy them all! Welcome to being a member of AA Album Anon As yet there is no cure except to hear more music and feed your addiction!!!
Soulrain 21 also has a video with the two extra tracks. I was lucky as this came with CD at no extra cost
Still waiting for the new Zero hour CD Bo hoo (problem with living in Europe)
I have been an addict since I was 14 years old. That's why I currently haven't enough wall space for my CD collection. Haha.

Yes Help males little sense on the CD; but the band seems to have a mad sense of humour (check out stuff at end of second CD) so perhaps this explains it. Also worth getting the first album; a good solid prog metal CD just do not expect the same magic as A Tribute to Life

spatch said:
Yes Help males little sense on the CD; but the band seems to have a mad sense of humour (check out stuff at end of second CD) so perhaps this explains it. Also worth getting the first album; a good solid prog metal CD just do not expect the same magic as A Tribute to Life
I got the first one, too. Listened briefly at work, didn't seem as good. I also got Soulrain 21! :headbang:

I think "Help" fits in with the concept of the story, but I have yet to fully read what the story is about.

Yes Help fits into the concept but the music for me just felt out of place. You should love Soulrain 21. Try the new Mindflow also

Here is another mini-review that I think fits well here:

AT WAR WITH SELF – TORN BETWEEN DIMENSIONS (Instrumental Progressive Metal)
g66819ligot.jpg

At War With Self is an all-instrumental progressive rock/metal project consisting of Glenn Snelwar (ex-Gordian Knot), Mark Zonder (Warlord, ex-Fates Warning), and world-renowned studio musician Michael Manring. Normally not a fan of instrumental music, I found myself drawn to this album simply for the amazing cover art done by the always excellent Travis Smith. (I currently own eighty-four CDs with artwork designed by Smith.) Artwork aside, Torn Between Dimensions is actually a very solid album.

Musically the album covers a lot of ground, making the title, Torn Between Dimensions, paint a very accurate picture. The album sways from melodic passages filled with acoustics, piano, and Manring’s amazing fretless bass work—which is nothing short of brilliant!—to very heavy progressive metal à la Zero Hour and Canvas Solaris (another great instrumental prog-metal band). Standouts include “The God Interface,” the atmospheric “A Gap In The Stream Of Mind, Pt. 2,” “Run,” a shorter but heavier number, and the title track.

At War With Self is gearing up to release their sophomore release, Acts Of God, and from the demos posted online it would appear that this album will feature a vocalist; whether or not this will work is unknown, but the demos sound very good. Either way, Torn Between Dimensions is a great album not to be overlooked by fans of this style.

Rating: 70/100
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/atwarwithself
Downloads: The God Interface, Torn Between Dimensions (Clip), A Gap In The Stream Of Mind – Part One (Clip), Coming Home (Clip) and Run (Clip)

Rock!