Bands that sound like Death?

ProphetofHatred

We boogie on the floor
Dec 17, 2013
Just for fun, name some bands you think sound like Death on any level, right now I got Blackthorn (leprosy era death) Tempestas (striking similarity to Leprosy) Strangulation *Brazil* (lots of Death styled riffs) Gory Blister - Art Bleeds (sounds like later era Death on steroids to me) Siecrist (again good deal of Death styled riffs) and Obscura.

The new Gruesome album is literally as close to Leprosy/Spiritual Healing era Death as anyone has come. Fun as heck. Lots of people says it's just a clone, but fuck 'em. I love their take on the mid-era Death sound.

Good choice with Blackthorn btw.

The new Gruesome album is literally as close to Leprosy/Spiritual Healing era Death as anyone has come. Fun as heck. Lots of people says it's just a clone, but fuck 'em. I love their take on the mid-era Death sound.

Good choice with Blackthorn btw.

Hah dude, I found them last week, forgot to mention them. Great shit. I think Tempestas is a little closer though, if my memory isn't shot.

This band is obviously influenced by Death, good fucking shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Autopsy is #9 on that list. The similar artist thing on MA tends to cater more towards genre+location+time frame I think.

Also, probably obvious but Decrepit Birth - Polarity definitely borrows from latter day Death. They are hardly a copy cat but the influence is definitely there.

But Autopsy is #9 on that list. The similar artist thing on MA tends to cater more towards genre+location+time frame I think.

People vote it up, due to the artists being similar for whatever reason, sounding similar included. No justification for their votes are required so we have no way of knowing I suppose. However, I think Atheist sounds similar to later Death. They both have that progressive sort of death/thrash thing going on. I'd upvote them based on sound alone.

Burial-relinquished souls from 93 sounds like a mix of old Death and Massacre. It has good production for the time, but I would rather just listen to Leprosy,Spiritual Healing, and From Beyond. If you are really bored and want an obscure DM album you will probably check it out anyways.