Bands that you think don't deserve enough credit.

under-rated...

Devin Townsend - a musical genius and deserves way more credit than he gets
Amon Amarth - some of the most adrenaline pumping swede metal i've heard lately, their Crusher album leaves much to be desired however, but damn, Once Sent From the Golden Hall is a classic.
Death - Chuck's ingenuity and totally honest attitude to music goes unmatched. R.I.P.

over-rated bands..
Cradle of Filth - Most irritating over-done shit ever (At least the 4 albums I have...)
Rage Against The Machine - I can't find enough words to describe the level of bewilderment I feel when i consider their fame and recognition. (Ex.)
Slayer - you can't keep playing that repetitive shit forever guys. Move on. Find something a little more challenging. And it's time Tom Araya retired anyway
Dimmu Borgir - I stopped caring about them ages ago. Shutup cunts its been done before, and you don't do it any better than they do.

whats with all the slayer bashing , there is way more bands that deserve to be bashed then slayer , they kick ass , so what if there not the most technical band , they never claimed themselves to be, i think they really helped the death metal scence along. if you want an overatted metal band thats more mainstream try pantera.

other overated bands imo

nile
at the gates
in flames
the haunted
cannibal corpse
deicide

Well, I'm sure you'll all be proud to here that one of the members of Lacuna Coil was in the recent edition of Metal Edge. Not even an article, just a "pin-up"

yeah thats why i'm buying that today

Dissection. They are still my favorite band aside from having a gore metal name they are a great band. Dream Theater hopfully you aren't talking about them not being that talented wanker. Why did some 1 even mention Metallicca they are beyond our comprehension of how much they suck.
Another band that is underrated is The Essence Embraced. They are local but unbelievably good.

Has anyone mentioned Opeth yet as being overrated yet??? I'm not saying they suck they are around #5 on my most loved list. #1 Disection #2 Soilwork
#3 Emporer #4 Novembre

Novembre is extremely underrated. In all aspects of music they deserve the credit that Opeth deserves but they deserve. Opeth were pioneers in a sense but they are not Gods.
And skycamefalling. They are a great grindcore band. Probably the best but there are better, not lyirically but in my ears. Neurosis and DRI (both sorta punkish but totally kickass thrash/grind (in a sense) bands.

Has anyone mentioned Opeth yet as being overrated yet???

yes.

Bands that deserve more credit:

Martyr
Coroner
Atheist
Morbid Angel (Mainly only appreciated by deathheads, when there is really some great jazz stuff, especially on Formulas...)

Overrated bands:

Opeth
Slayer

I guees i said dimmu cuz i was listening to their older stuff that night and it's been awhile and liek the first time..... WOW.

How come not once in like every board I've never heard Celtic Frost being mentioned??

Circle Of The Tyrants. Umphhhh

Underrated:

Prong
Entombed
Death
Confessor
Tiamat
Suicidal Tendencies (where Limp Biskit *urgh* "borrowed " their style)
Atheist
Cynic
Cathedral
Napalm Death
Down
Crowbar
Corrosion of Conformity
Eye Hate God

... and a zillion others. I´m too tired to think.

Originally posted by bleed for me
november's doom

The Knowing is one of the best album i've listen to. i also have of sculptured ivy and stoned flowers. well their music is depressing

Ragnarok are underrated. Although i dont like them they are still underrated

RATM - they are overrated...i mean i LIKE em alot but i dunno how they got so popular among others...

Iniquity is underrated...not that good but underrated

-Metallica
-Megadeth
-Iron Maiden etc. all overrated.

It's always funny to see comparisons like "early Cradle - late Cradle, early Burger - late Burger", like there's any difference. They are all toilet music.

D Mullholand

Originally posted by Nick Inch Nails
Underrated?

ISIS!!! If you ever fuckin' hear em you'll understand. Just a few listens and you'll want to buy their album. Garunteed.

yeah i got their albums from that small shop in Kingston early last year, i have to say that the 'sgnl' songs mess up the album. its alright at the beginning but after awhile you have to skip them all the time. and with sgnl>05 theres only like 3 proper songs i think. yeah its good though, i wish the vocals were a bit louder though. old man gloom, they're similar but i get bored, songs are good but short and i can never be bothered. Isis, yeah, im gonna listen to them in a minute now you mentioned them. i almost forgot about them

Originally posted by Lutz
Agalloch
Sculptured
Scolomance
And anything else on the end records basically..

Overrated:
Nightwish
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Edguy
Sonata Arctica

Agreed apart from Dimmu Borgir. Agalloch needs more attention.