Bands that you think don't deserve enough credit.

Unlit Flames

Carpathian Crypt
Dec 26, 2001
There are lots of bands that don' t get the attention and credit they deserve.
Talent and kickassness wise.

Some are Extol, Antestor, Midnight Sydnicate, Dimmu Borgir (they have the ability to do anything), Darguurd, Krieg, Lacuna Coil, Ordo Draconis, Porcupine Tree, Soilwork and Xantuum.

Extol, Antestor, Darguurd and Ordo Draconis have the kind of Opeth quality to them with the melody changes.

The rest...... holy shit they have talent.
Just post anymore you think are underated, or just complain about my list.

Dimmu Borgir (they have the ability to do anything)

hardly :rolleyes:

Bands that deserve more credit:

Martyr
Coroner
Atheist
Morbid Angel (Mainly only appreciated by deathheads, when there is really some great jazz stuff, especially on Formulas...)

Overrated bands:

Opeth
Slayer

Well umm. Ahem

Well what i was trying to say about dimmu borgir is that they have the ability to do anything to do anything but they cant now. I saw them live and they were amazig but u have no idea how many fuckers were wearing slipknot shirts. So I think they may have gotten into the mainstream or it could be where i live.
Also, I fucking hate morbid angel.
Coroner is extremely talented but they aren't for me same with atheist.
Haha slayer were u in that chat with the guy who was proud of plaiying slayer songs. hehe. Kenny Rogers and a turkey harmonica have meaner riffs than them.

look those bands are not underrated. anyone who has heard of them knows they are great fucking bands. good choice though. Emperial HAIL!!!!!!!!!

Lacuna Coil

Well, I'm sure you'll all be proud to here that one of the members of Lacuna Coil was in the recent edition of Metal Edge. Not even an article, just a "pin-up"

Originally posted by Sadistik
Devin Townsend

Definitely, this man is a musical mastermind. Not to mention the atmosphere his albums give off is unmatched in my opinion.

Agalloch
Sculptured
Scolomance
And anything else on the end records basically..

Overrated:
Nightwish
Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Edguy
Sonata Arctica

NOVEMBRE absolutely!!

Probably the most underrated band out there at the moment. Their new album is nothing short of a masterpiece.

In a way I think Dimmu Borgir are underrated as far as metal fans are concerned. Obviously lots of people buy their albums etc, but around these parts there seem to be a rather large and ugly grudge against them. Personally I find their new album to be extraordinarily atmospheric and strong.

Originally posted by Unlit Flames:
Bands that you think don't deserve enough credit.

Uhm... you mean "Bands that you think don't get enough credit." don't you? Or maybe "Bands that don't get the credit they deserve."? :p
Sorry, just thought I'd point that out.

Extol are one of the best bands I've heard. They probably don't get as known as others because they are a Christian band though. :rolleyes:

i have to say although bands like opeth, katatonia, lacuna coil etc dont get enough credit and recognition, i LOVE to see these bands play at the smaller sort of club venues, ive been to all the big venues in London to see bands and to clubs, i prefer the clubs like london underworld, its a better allround experience and you can speak to the bands sometimes too.

i still think they deserve more credit though, and maybe the new opeth album/s will get them more. :confused:

Opeth
Nevermore
Enslaved

In truth - recognition of the bands I listen to which are many times referred to as "underground" don't get the credit they deserve.

Then, if they do, we call them mainstream and sellouts. They many times lose their underground following.

Ok, lets just get a few things straight here...

The crown: they were good as hell, now they suck ass! I mean, wtf is this deathrace king shit?!
Dimmu Borgir: LMAO!
Morbid Angel: Not the best death imo, but still great
Cradle of filth: overrated? maybe your right...saying that they suck might be an understatement ;)
Mayhem: dopeheads, their gig in Stockholm was a joke, lamers

If you want to find overrated bands, look at the norwegian "scene" ;)
one imo really good norwegian band though: Sorg (I've only heard one record though)

And a really great demoband: Needlerust (used to be "Abandoned") from Skogås (Swe)
www.needlerust.net

Originally posted by requiem
In a way I think Dimmu Borgir are underrated as far as metal fans are concerned. Obviously lots of people buy their albums etc, but around these parts there seem to be a rather large and ugly grudge against them. Personally I find their new album to be extraordinarily atmospheric and strong.

seriously, they suck....