Bands that you think don't deserve enough credit.

I don't care about any of you. These are the ones that are underrated on THIS board, not in general.

Soilwork
Andromeda
Dream Theater
Anglagard
Staind
Burzum
Gardenian
Without Grief
Embraced

To name a VERY few... i could name about 10 Nu Metal bands that are about 10 times as good as the norm for the genre but your fucking tr00 pompous asses would ignore it because you got you god damned heads so far up there you won't even bother to CONSIDER giving a serious listen. Good job!

DEATH, without question!!!!!!!
Coroner (Gos from Switzerland that never got their due)
Sodom (Why are they not bigger in the US?)
Kreator (Ditto)
Porcupine Tree (the best band no one knows about)
Dream Theater (vastly underrated)
Doro (The female voice of heavy metal)
Lee Aaron (A close second)

I'm sure there's more, but these are the few that spring to mind...

Oh, cast my vote for Rollins too...what he lacks in technique, he more than makes up for with intensity.

Fuckin' brilliant guy, too!!

Amon Amarth and ...And Oceans for example don't get the attention they deserve imho

Overrated bands: Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir (not that I don't like their music, it's just too overrated), Cradle Of Filth and a lot more

I have always thought that Testament was seriously underated, yes, they were a pretty popular band in the late 80's, but i dont believe people realized just how good they were, especially Alex Skolnick, and I have a real problem with people bashing Slayer, sure they technically sucked, but they brought suck energy, such emotion, that they almost single handedly created a genre. how about Ark, Spiral Archictect, and well any other decent metal band, hell if they are not slipnot, metallica, or ozzy, noone even knows who the hell they are. So i think about every metal band is underrated, with the exception of those really cheesy bands like Hammerfall COF, etc

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
[... i could name about 10 Nu Metal bands that are about 10 times as good as the norm for the genre a serious listen. Good job! [/B]

Have you heard these bands?

Anyone- S/T this was released a few weeks ago
Flybanger- Headtrip to Nowhere

These two are my favorite Nu-Metal bands because they change up their delivery throughout the disc.

I got "the sound of perseverence" yesterday and waqsnt expecting it to be that good cuz 2001 has been notorious for producing some bad albums from soem usual great bands. Two words Holy Shit. i guess it was more of a shock but that is one hell of a album.

Originally posted by Unlit Flames
I got "the sound of perseverence" yesterday and waqsnt expecting it to be that good cuz 2001 has been notorious for producing some bad albums from soem usual great bands. Two words Holy Shit. i guess it was more of a shock but that is one hell of a album.

You could still be right about 2001 because that disc came out in 1998. Shame on you for waiting 4 years to pick it up!:lol: