Bands to see before you cark it

I saw Anthrax with Joey in Cardiff this year and it was seriously the best gig I've ever been to.

Would have loved to have seen Queensryche back in the day. Savatage too, but that will almost certainly never happen.

Nah no Download next year. I only went specifically for Sabbath...I think I enjoy the vibe of my Belgian festivals more!

The first time I saw Anthrax was their first reunion tour in 2005, and it was an amazing set. I also saw them this year and they still kicked arse. Awesome live act!

Twisted Sister are now towards the top of my must see list. The last couple of years I have become a huge fan of Dee and the boys. It sucks that they played Graspop for the first time this year, which was one of my 'off years' (I have been going every second year since 2005).

Bands you want to see before you die or your life won't have been complete

Judas Priest are the main one now.
I will also add the original Black Sabbath, but having seen them all seperately it isn't as crutial as Priest.

Bands you'd love to see (again), but it's not really possible as things stand
Iced Earth with Barlow.

Three more boxes ticked! :worship:

I was listening to some Bruce solo stuff today, and seeing him do that shit live would be totally amazing. Maybe one day.

Now that the thread's 16 years old, how are your bucket lists going? Here's mine.

Artists to see live before they die (I think I'm gonna outlive them):

Candlemass
Danzig
Dayglo Abortions
Diamond Head
Laurie Anderson
New Model Army
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (I saw Nick Cave solo in 2014 and then passed up on the band, won't make that choice next time)
Plastic Gods

Favourite artists I already ticked off my bucket list:

Anti-Nowhere League
Björk
Black Sabbath
Bloodhound Gang
Budgie
Einstürzende Neubauten
Girlschool
Headless Chickens
Megadeth
Metallica
Pentagram
Sticky Filth
The B-52's
The Wreckery (crossed off my list in Nov 2023, woohoo)
ZZ Top

Would love to see but probably not happening:

Led Zeppelin (they played that one 2007 date at the O2 Arena which would've been insane to see, but probably never going to happen again)
The Macc Lads (they played reunion shows between 2017-21 in the UK but their lyrics are so offensive and I think they got tired of people trying to shut them down)
The Runaways (they just don't get on well enough to think it's worth reuniting without their drummer, but I did see Cherie Currie play Runaways songs live)

Last edited: