Bands to see before you cark it

Bands you want to see before you die or your life won't have been complete

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest w/Rob
Immortal
Dio (I'm halfway there with Sabbath coming)
Twisted Sister (there is a string of 80's stuff I'll probably never see beyond video)

There might be more, something glarringly obvious but its not even lunch time yet and I didnt get much sleep last night:zombie:

Bands which would be in the above category, but you've now seen them

Megadeth
Metallica
Satyricon
Morbid Angel
Kreator
SODOM
Dismember
Motley Crue

Right, I can't believe I forgot W.A.S.P. and I completely forgot how desperate I was to see Immortal until you brought this thread back to haunt us.:lol:

Still, I doubt I'll be making Immortal for the price they want, I'm incredibly broke this month (thanks Iron Maiden :D). But I'm really, really looking forward to seeing Blackie and the boys in April!:kickass:

How much are they charging for Immortal? The W.A.S.P. show isn't exactly cheap either!
True but Immortal is $70, too much for a band formed in the 90s. They are black metal legends I ranked them high because they've made some ripper albums but music of my teenage years gets my money, at my age and on my income $1200 (Maiden & W.A.S.P. expenses) is enough to fork out in one year for concerts.

Iced Earth
Porcupine Tree (I can't make the up and coming tour unfortunately)
Rob Zombie
Eluveitie

Motorhead
Black Sabbath (or Heaven and Hell or whatever you want to call them)
Eric Clapton
Slayer

Bands you'd love to see (again), but it's not really possible as things stand
Dissection
Rainbow (w/ Dio)

Would've loved to have seen SadX on one of their last shows ever
Immortal's gonna go off,also wish i had the money to go see W.A.S.P and Mayhem,can't do it all i suppose

Iron Maiden, Immortal and Sonata Arctica for shits and giggles.

I'll be seeing all of them this year. Maiden last month, Immortal this month and SA at Wacken later on.

Also add Turbonegro to that list.

I thought I might revisit this thread in light of recent tours. Incarnate in particular should be happy with the bands touring this year!

Yessir!

Loved Dream Theater. :worship:

Immortal in a few days. :headbang:

I didnt see Maiden and I know I'll be kicking my own ass for all time.

No Dimmu Borgir on the cards it seems but that is very possible what with a flood of black metal bands happening. Mayhem are coming, and Emperor a big maybe.

I'm not on the site too often, my tastes changed a whole lot. My new must see bands are:

Meshuggah
Necrophagist
Martyr

A working holiday to Canada was on the cards for me late last year with some friends but their plan fell thru and they are now in a legal battle to get their money back from the job agency. Luckily I didnt pour my money through, but had we gone up there I would have seen Martyr, Meshuggah, Dimmu Borgir, Symphony X... Ah what might have been. :cry:

Damn, you missed Maiden! How?!

Dimmu will probably come; everyone else is coming!

If Carcass and At the Gates can tour I'll happily get hit by a truck and know that most of my musical goals have been achieved.

Yeah.

Factors of cost, interstate travel, the tix selling out mega fast, no one to go with and share costs, other shows to spend my money on all added up to me missing Maiden. I know a fair few people who went and then couldnt afford Dream Theater. I'd take Dream Theater over Maiden anyhow.

I remembered this thread the other night after watching At the Gates, and thought it worth revisiting.

Iron Maiden

Most of the other ones I really really want to see, I already have done, which leads me to the next category:

Living Colour
Alice Cooper
GnR
Skid Row
Faith No More
Midnight Oil
Soundgarden

Bands you'd love to see (again), but it's not really possible as things stand

Death
Carcass
At The Gates (subsequently added)
Alice in Chains (with Layne)

If Carcass and At the Gates can tour I'll happily get hit by a truck and know that most of my musical goals have been achieved.

I've now seen Carcass and At the Gates. I never thought that would happen. There's now no band that I'm dying to see, but haven't. Still, I'd actually rather not get hit by a truck.

Iron MaidenFEB 08
Black Sabbath with Ozzy
Black Sabbath with Dio …. Will be soon hehehehheh
Saxon they are touring shit fuking hell
Tesla they are touring in OCT fuk me
Budgie
Motorhead / Rose Tattoo on same bill yes will be soon

Will I be dead soon gulp

:(

As I posted many years ago in this thread, the only band left that I feel I need to see before I die is Rush, but I'll be seeing them in Amsterdam and Cologne next year.

No one else after that... kind of sad. Might have to revisit this and think of some.

As I posted many years ago in this thread, the only band left that I feel I need to see before I die is Rush, but I'll be seeing them in Amsterdam and Cologne next year.

No one else after that... kind of sad. Might have to revisit this and think of some.

If you can manage the timing, Sweden Rock would be the place to see Rush next year.

You know, I've been thinking about this and I think I've seen every band on my bucket list.

There's a few which would be nice to see, and a few which would have been great to see back in their prime but they're sort of past it now, but of my big ones which would be Maiden, Duran Duran, Kim Wilde, Priest, Psuedo Echo, Dio fronted Sabbath (and Dio solo), Queensryche, Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica, I've managed to see them all over the years, and a lot of others that were nice to tick off like Ozzy, Alice, Twisted Sister, Motorhead, Gamma Ray, etc.

I reckon Depeche Mode would be pretty damn good to see though! Joey fronted Anthrax and Blind Guardian are the only two that come to mind that I'm keen to see metal-wise these days, although I'm pretty keen to see the Todd La Torre fronted Queensryche now too - nice to see some smiling faces behind the guitars and drum kit for the first time in ages. :)