bands who never got their due

Ark w/ Jorn Lande on vocals easily one of the most creative progressive bands ever. John Macaluso on Drums, Randy Coven on Bass, Tore Ostby on Guitar, Mats Olausson on Keys, and Jorn Lande.

The Tea Party - Extremely influenced by middle eastern and tribal music with alot of electronic flavor. From canada, just all around great song writers. The singer has an amazing voice

Fight - Halfords project after he left Priest, Just all around great metal

Overkill - Made medicre fame but should have been bigger in my top 5 for all time thrash. Albums like Hello From The Gutter and Horroscope were just AMAZING !!

and a final mention just cause I loved this band back int he day....

Life, Sex, and Death - The homeless guy as the singer was priceless, great song writing very tongu in cheek. Suck a cool band.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsoGcrae2nM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
good call on Fight, I think I like that first album better than every Priest record. Halford sounded terrific on that one. I still have a 93-94 tour shirt I bought when I went to see the Resurrection tour.

Amen to Psychotic Waltz. Between "Faded" and "Ashes" those guys were king regarding album openings.

Artch was another band that never quite got off the ground, releasing two albums in the late 80s before disbanding. Groovy Power Metal with great melodies and Dickinson-like vocals.

The good thing about Fight was their simplicity. Pretty straight forward metal, not that far away from modern Priest, with heavy modern grooves.

2wo wasn't that bad either.

grim reaper are one of the best NWOBHM bands and never get a mention. The debut is more than solid and "Fear no Evil" is pretty much heavy metal perfection.

toxik - think this is a thrash classic. proggy as hell.

Nice call on TOXXIK, I was also a huge fan of them. I don't like world circus but think this was in heavy rotation for years in my CD player. They have reformed with the original singer and I know the drummer Lou from various places. He plays in a Rush tribute band.

FUCK YES, FIGHT!!!!! War of Words is one of the very first metal albums I ever heard. And go figure, I can't stand Judas Priest, mainly due to Halford's vocals. For some reason I really like them on the Fight records.

Awesome call guru :kickass:

Also, not sure if these guys "never got their due", they're pretty popular, but I think they should have been much more recognized than they are.

Dead Can Dance, the single most amazing band I've ever seen live.

I envy you with every fiber of my being for seeing them live. I have vowed that if they ever play again in the states, I will go no matter what the cost. I mean, they still owe us a high-def concert, right? Oddly enough, I could have seen them when I lived in Seattle and passed for reasons unknown.

The way Lisa Gerrard and Brandon Perry's voices fill up a entire theater is chill inducing and the music in a live setting is completely overwhelming in the most awesome way possible. It was a powerful experience, people were crying through the entire show.

They recorded all the shows on the tour and offered them for sale in limited edition on their website afterwards. I have #247/1000 of the Seattle show. I've considered uploading it, but haven't yet.

I have the Selections From North America but not the individual shows, which were esentially the same thing. As a collector, I looked into buying them but they were pretty pricey. The Holy Grail for me would be the autographed 3LP Chicago show that they only made about 100 of.

It boggles my mind that Ron is known more for something other than Watchtower these days, because whenever he put something new out it was always "the guy from watchtower."

LOL yeah, I also laugh when people find out Jason McMaster from Dangerous Toys was in the band also.

The original guitar player Billy White was very good as well, he played briefly with Don Dokken on his " solo " album.

I think Ron is getting mostly connected to Spastic Ink and Blotted Science nowadays... I have one of his solo albums, that's quite good too.

Blotted Science needs a vocalist soooooo bad. Awesome band that could be so much more awesome.