bands who were booked but didn't end up playing for some reason or another....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I was thinking about the past line ups and the bands that bailed or had to cancel. Would have been interesting to see how some would have gone over.

Here is a list...I am sure I am forgetting some...

Hour of 13
Hallow's Eve
Onslaught
Exhumer
Bonded By Blood
Fueled By Fire
Warlord
Split Heaven
Ashes of Avarice

I think there are more. If anyone else remembers some feel free to add. These are the ones off the top of my head.

Yeah, and I nearly cried when you guys cancelled. I was also upset when Hour of 13 cancelled. You guys should try to get Night Magic sometime. They are the current incarnation of Hour of 13. Or, get Karl from Gates of Slumber's new band, Wretch, for some more good doom.

Warlord would have been awesome to see. Shame they had to cancel.

Yeah, and I nearly cried when you guys cancelled. I was also upset when Hour of 13 cancelled. You guys should try to get Night Magic sometime. They are the current incarnation of Hour of 13. Or, get Karl from Gates of Slumber's new band, Wretch, for some more good doom.

Warlord would have been awesome to see. Shame they had to cancel.

Gates of Slumber cleared the room...this has pretty much sealed the fate for Mike getting too many doom bands unless they are a mix with another genre.

Last edited:
sadly it put the nail in the coffin for getting doom at the fest. Mike isn't really a doom guy. But wait till you see what is in store for 2017 already.

Sadly I think only a handful of doom bands (mostly epic doom) have broader appeal (ie. Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass) and the first one doesn't seem to play shows in almost a decade and the second one probably won't come back to the US.

Sadly I think only a handful of doom bands (mostly epic doom) have broader appeal (ie. Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass) and the first one doesn't seem to play shows in almost a decade and the second one probably won't come back to the US.
very true...I think bigger ones or the ones who have a blend of other styles are fine. Just the traditional doom bands just do not go over well live at is it. I know Mike has a pretty hard rule about it now.

Candlemass is playing Vegas in August...not all hope is lost...

I think some of the more epic doom bands would do better than Gates of Slumber. Something like Solstice, Atlantean Kodex, Doomsword, etc but those bands would be a bitch to bring over and expensive as fuck.