The world will end tomorrow (not really... off-topic, but music related)

#1_Droogie said:
I must agree somewhat here. The music could be fantastic.....but if the people taking credit for it didnt write it, or dont even play it, then I just think that's disgusting.

A good portion of the Country music stars don't write all their own material. But, In general, they are quick to credit the writers and they also play their own instruments.

I think what gets me about the boy bands is they have a manufactured for the masses feel to them. It's all about the look and the dance steps. Even with that, if they do a good song then it's still a good song.

Just my opinion.

ahah Bryant my respect for you has increased by 10 points my friend :D I mean, it takes guts to tell the world you've got a soft spot for a Backstreet Boys song. Really. Not so many would do that. => All hail Bryant!

Seriously, I find it a good thing to break away with the elitism and tr00ness that's all around in metal these days, the whole "my music is heavier and more kvlt than yours, therefore I'm a tuff guy!" gets old very quick.
Let us be proud of our mellow and/or crappy tastes ;)

Fangface said:
Seriously, I find it a good thing to break away with the elitism and tr00ness that's all around in metal these days, the whole "my music is heavier and more kvlt than yours, therefore I'm a tuff guy!" gets old very quick.

Metal is a lot of things to me but it lacks when it comes to background music for the bedroom. I'm kinda partial to older ZZ Top and Zeppelin for that. Can you imagine trying to "perform" with Motorhead on? :oops: :loco:

I don't dance but I'm pretty sure it's not the easiest form of music to dance to. Unless headbanging is a form of dancing. Moshing is, I guess. Kinda comes from Punk and slam dancing, if I'm not mistaken.

And, last but not least, Sunday afternoon naps in the hammock. I like a little Melissa Etheridge to mix with the scent of fresh cut grass and cool Summer breeze. That woman's voice can put me to sleep like no other. I don't mean that as a slam. It's just so soothing. :D

Wheezer said:
Metal is a lot of things to me but it lacks when it comes to background music for the bedroom. I'm kinda partial to older ZZ Top and Zeppelin for that. Can you imagine trying to "perform" with Motorhead on? :oops: :loco:
ahah not that easy indeed. How about the blues song from the last album?

I don't dance but I'm pretty sure it's not the easiest form of music to dance to.
I'm pretty sure you can dance to folk metal :D

Fangface said:
ahah Bryant my respect for you has increased by 10 points my friend :D I mean, it takes guts to tell the world you've got a soft spot for a Backstreet Boys song. Really. Not so many would do that. => All hail Bryant!

Ha ha ha I have certainly never been an elitist. It was simply a shock that The Backstreet Boys of all bands put out something of high quality. There have always been a handful of radio bands I have enjoyed over the years, but most were full band kind of thing like Three Doors Down, Goo Goo Dolls etc. not a "singing group" that typically don't play any instruments or write much, if any. In this case, it has beautiful acoustic guitar, piano and strings as opposed to the "pop style" keys and programmed drums.

Bryant

Hawk said:
:lol:

Dude your avatar, who is that? Is that Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday???

Yeah, it's Val. I love that movie. And I really like the way Val played the part.

A guy I grew up with owns a construction company in Santa Fe and did some work on his house. He told me he's got goats and chickens running around inside the house. He's a little whacked. He also didn't pay my friend for the work. :erk: