Off-topic hard rock.....

I know this band is not metal at all, of course---I still think The Doors was and is an excellent band and I think Jim Morrison was one of the best musicians that ever lived...Just my opinion, of course...8-]]

Reactions: CiG
That Slave to the System album was fantastic. When it came out, I actually got to be a co-mod of the band's message forum at the time.

I thought it was pretty darn good myself. That is cool btw as far as being mod.

I honestly think some metal-heads look down on rock as being lesser or maybe "pop" music or something, but although I listen to 90% metal, rock music still gets some spins and without rock and roll, metal wouldn't exist at least as we know it. Even today, it is common to go to a metal show and the "house" music over the PA before the show is AC/DC. Can't blame them. Loud dual guitars with interplay with lots of open chords that rip your head off. A lead singer that screaming his balls off so much it makes your balls hurt, and a drummer that has the best sense of timing I have personally ever heard.
Metal rules, but rock kicks ass too !!!

I know this band is not metal at all, of course---I still think The Doors was and is an excellent band and I think Jim Morrison was one of the best musicians that ever lived...Just my opinion, of course...8-]]

The last thing I want to do is talk bad about bands people like, so I will save it for last........

The Doors were EXTREMELY unique, expressive and most importantly influential. I have a huge respect for them, but I honestly don't like their sound. Jim's vocal style doesn't grab me and I don't care for the keyboard sound (it isn't the playing but the tone.) Having said that, there is a song here and there I really like and I respect them for what they did for music.

Well, of course, I respect your opinion on The Doors...Before I got heavy into metal, The Doors is what I listened to most of all...But, anyways...8-]]