Bands with stupid names

SteveAwesome

Guilty of being SEXY
May 2, 2007
Hampton, Virginia
www.myspace.com
A good band should have a good, catchy name agreed?

A lot of my friends are into Dave Matthew's Band. Now their music is ok I guess, but why the FUCK would you name a band after yourself? I hate that.

Also bands that start with the word "the" and are followed by "insert noun(s) here" like The Rentals, The Postal Service, The Cure, The Format, etc tend to rub me the wrong way. It doesn't make the band sound particularly interesting.

This is not about whether you like or dislike the music, but just about stupid ass band names. Lets discuss.

Band names that make no sense and dont mean anything at all. "Avenged Sevenfold" wtf.

Stupid names like Blink 182, Greenday, Linkin Park.....what? Did they blink 182 times or something. And for Linkin park, did they meet at a park called Linkin?

Meh, I suppose the fact that 1349 has a meaning slightly redeems it. But yeah, numbers in band names pisses me off.

And days in band names aswell. "Taking back Sunday" and shit like that.

haha yeah, i was just thinkin' of 311...wow they suck, or Finger Eleven. what about THE Cranberries? I also despise the name Velvet Revolver...and I don't know why....

Impaled Northen MoonForest = Best name ever

My Chemical Romance = Gayest name in history, and gayest band

anal cunt..

acctually i like that one

i hate gay nu metal names that are just a noun and a verb (sometimes 2 nouns) put together. God Smack, Slip Knot, Mud Vein(Vayne).

nothing against 2 word band names but these are just fucken stoopid!