Favorite band names?

Senescence

That is actually the name I came up with for my black metal project. Then I looked it up on MA to see if it was already in use, and there is one band that already used that name, although they never even released a full length, but only released demos. Cool name. Senescence is the process by which the body slowly deteriorates and eventually dies after its developmental phase (ie childhood and youth). Fucking morbid, just like a metal band name should be.

Testament
Darkthrone
Gorgoroth
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin
Slayer
Venom
Dio
and a few others...

Metal_Up_Your_Ass.jpg

I think Deicide is an extremely clever name...

I also think Black Sabbath was a pretty clever one. Nevermore, Lamb of God, and Pig Destroyer are also names I love for their imagery.

Senescence

That is actually the name I came up with for my black metal project. Then I looked it up on MA to see if it was already in use, and there is one band that already used that name, although they never even released a full length, but only released demos. Cool name. Senescence is the process by which the body slowly deteriorates and eventually dies after its developmental phase (ie childhood and youth). Fucking morbid, just like a metal band name should be.
Cool once I saw what it meant, but I didn't like it when I first saw it. Kind of like what happened when I saw Orchidectomy.

Without mentioning obvious/overdone names (hopefully):

Amethystium
Bloodrock
The County Medical Examiners
Morbid Angel
Nokturnal Mortum
Iron Butterfly
Hawkwind

Senescence

That is a cool word, even though it shares the same root as "senile" and "senator".

Anyone who actually thinks Job For A Cowboy is a good name should be jumped.
With that said, At the Gates is a really good name. Others include Darkthrone, Dark Tranquillity, Judas Priest, Entombed, Wolven Ancestry, Godflesh....