Barlow on The Glorious Burden...

On When The Eagle Cries (Unplugged) you can hear him singing:

"Blood will flow..."
"For freedoms fight..."
"We love her so..."
"We will sacrifice..."

I know for a fact that is him, but it's hard to make distinctions with the rest of the songs (for me anyways). I'm sure he's there in some songs where there are a lot of backing vocals, like Declaration Day, the electric version of When The Eagle Cries, or maybe Valley Forge.

You know on High Water Mark, the first second that voice came in I thought it was Barlow too and almost pissed my pants, but then you can tell it's not him a little later just by the way the words are pronounced. But yeah, Jon isn't that bad, did he ever think about being the singer of Iced Earth? I wonder how that would have worked...

you can tell it's not him a little later just by the way the words are pronounced
One of the reasons I dislike Barlow. That idiotic "oafish" pronunciation.

Schaffer's always been a candidate for IE's vocals, but he doesn't have the range and power HE'S looking for.

He growls the "growls" on Burnt Offerings damn well. He's a good singer for the occasional leads and backgrounds, but not a lead singer by any means.
A little similar to the situation Pain Of Salvation has with the other band members' singing capabilities, although they can sing leads a bit more.

Barlow's voice can be heard in many of the chorus vocals on the album. Especially during Gettysbugerking.

anonymousnick2001 said:
One of the reasons I dislike Barlow. That idiotic "oafish" pronunciation.
You mean something like this?
General Lee-AH
I must tell you straight-AH
That I believe this attack will fail-AH

:headbang: :lol:

No, actually.

Like the beginning of Hallowed Be Thy Name, or key moments in Melancholy, and key moments in Dante's Inferno.